Lead, Platform Programs (Global Immigration) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Immigration Team plays a meaningful role in supporting the company's growth. As Affirm expands internationally, we need an experienced Global Immigration Lead to scale our end-to-end immigration lifecycles for all Affirmers.
As a Global Immigration Lead, you will define our immigration programs, policies and processes and manage vendor partnerships to deliver an outstanding experience. You will serve as a source of support and expertise for employees and business partners, and build proactive plans around the latest legislation and industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in a Client Services Manager position at an immigration law firm and/or manager-level in-house global immigration experience at a fast growing multinational company. A combination of U.S. and European immigration experience is required.
This position will report to the Manager, Platform Programs (Mobility, Immigration & Compliance) within the People Team and is based remotely in the US.What You’ll Do
- Build and lead a global Immigration Team and program that delivers a premium experience while guaranteeing adherence with existing and changing laws and regulations.
- Provide administration and support of day-to-day operations in partnership with internal partners and external vendors.
- Partner closely with immigration counsel to maintain compliance requirements and manage vendor relationships to provide an outstanding employee experience.
- Develop and continuously improve program policies and processes while maintaining up to date knowledge of immigration regulations and changes globally.
- Lead internal reviews of immigration data, processes and policies to identify gaps, draft policy and process revisions and ensure audit-readiness.
- Facilitate training and develop resources and tools to educate internal partners on immigration policies, processes and updates.
- Provide consultations to employees and cross-functional team members (i.e. People Business Partners, Talent, Mobility, Managers and Leadership) on immigration and global mobility-related matters and give strategic direction to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on dependencies related to Global Mobility.
- Provide critical subject matter expertise for corporate development activity, i.e., mergers and acquisitions and global expansion efforts.
- 7+ years experience in global immigration; European experience is required and knowledge of Poland and/or Spain immigrant and non-immigration visas is a plus!
- Demonstrated success independently managing multiple activities for a global immigration program.
- You have experience managing immigration vendor relationships and holding a high bar of accountability to ensure employee and company needs are met.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with proven track record to thrive in ambiguity, design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- You are an empathetic and clear communicator; you have the ability to distill complex regulations and processes to partners who are not familiar with immigration matters and have outstanding discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.