Lead, Product Marketing - NFT's at Gemini
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 50 cryptocurrencies, as well as NFTs through our Nifty Gateway platform. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Nifty Gateway has quickly grown into one of the world’s largest NFTs platforms. We have launched projects with some of the most prominent artists and brands in the world, and we are not slowing down any time soon. We will not rest until one billion people are collecting NFTs.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, store, and use cryptocurrency and NFTs. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Location: Any U.S. hub or remote
The Department: Marketing & Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing & Communications, we spend our days analyzing the market, crafting the Gemini story, and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines research, data, brand marketing, acquisition and retention tactics, PR, and all aspects of customer-facing interaction.
The Role: Product Marketing Manager — NFTs
The Product Marketing Manager — Nifty Gateway is responsible for the marketing strategy of Nifty Gateway, and for organizing promotional efforts directed toward existing and potential customers around the "why," "what," and "when" of everything we build for this line of business. They use their understanding of the product and knowledge of the NFT and collectibles markets, customers, and competitors to clearly explain the unique value the product brings. The PMM uses the product marketing strategy, in concert with Gemini’s overall marketing strategy, to adapt and implement the product’s go-to-market and then support the product’s ongoing success. The PMM’s efforts lay out the work required to deliver something new — launch a product, introduce a feature, or expand into a new market.
- Set go-to-market strategy for feature launches, major NFT listings, and new market entry
- Maintain a current understanding of customer preferences, competitor offerings, and market trends
- Work closely with Product Managers to create positioning and messaging that resonate with the target audience
- Communicate and coordinate proactively among Marketing, Product, Business Development, Design, Customer Support, and major artist partners to continuously improve how we market our existing feature set
- Develop an analytical framework to measure and report on the performance of product marketing initiatives
- Work and coordinate with regional teams in rolling out and executing global campaigns and strategies
- Be obsessed with NFTs and constantly think of ways to better distribute our products to a larger audience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience working with product or marketing teams for a consumer product or service delivered through an ecommerce channel
- Deep knowledge of the marketing strategy, channels, tactics, and operations for art/collectibles auctions and retail ecommerce platforms
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and go-to-market planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and extreme comfort with spreadsheet-based analysis
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects at once
- A strong interest in NFTs and collectibles
- Experience with marketing tactics including SEO, SEM, programmatic ads, social media, PR, email, events, partnerships, sponsorships, or content
- Experience working with marketplace businesses
- Experience working in NFTs, art, or collectibles
- Familiarity with marketing data flows and our martech stack, including Branch, Braze, Contentful, Google Analytics, Looker, Mixpanel, mParticle, Optimizely, and Unbounce
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement plan matching
- Generous parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.