Lead Product Marketing Specialist at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Omni Channel Team owns, maintains, and manages the roadmap for building out an Omni Channel infrastructure for the Collections Value Stream. As part of the Card Operations organization, the team focuses on how to reduce credit losses for the business by developing Omni Channel capabilities to engage customers in their preferred method of communication and deliver a robust set of payment solutions.
The Omni Channel Team is looking for an Initiative Owner to join our innovative, fast-paced, customer-focused team who can drive initiatives through the Collections Value Stream; managing the entire process from identification through implementation. They will support the analysis and recommendation of new initiatives and features to support the long term vision and scalability of the Omni Channel roadmap. This individual is a forward looking, strategic thinker with both business and technical knowledge, and can act as the subject matter expert to effectively communicate the requirements of initiatives to the Value Stream. They will introduce capabilities that cross multiple lines of business and technology teams to deliver the best experiences for the customer. This position offers an exciting and transformative environment to add business value and influence the transformation and modernization of Collections in a significant way.
- Participates in the intake and prioritization of initiatives in conjunction with the Collections Omni Channel team to build out the Omni Channel roadmap.
- Serves as the initiative subject matter expert and specifies content, assigns value, and establishes time criticality for a specific initiative.
- Accountable for the full breadth of the initiative including its high level requirements, functionality, dependencies, and timelines.
- Understands there may be existing dependencies due to architecture or system construction the team may need to consider in delivering the initiative. Flags risks and raises awareness on issues when necessary.
- Collaborates with Product Managers and Product Owners to provide oversight and guidance throughout the process. Responsible for creating high level requirements, writing and grooming features, developing feature acceptance criteria, and participating in user story refinement sessions.
- Presents initiatives to Customer Segment Teams, Product Management, and Value Stream Leadership (VS360) to ensure alignment and awareness for prioritization.
- Manages initiative timelines and communicates updates to the Omni Channel team.
- Designs experiences through collaboration with design agencies and usability testing teams when applicable.
- Analyzes customer experiences, generates insights, and provides recommendations for POC strategies post initiative implementation.
- Monitors industry trends and makes recommendations to Omni Channel team on best practices to improve usability, increase efficiency, and drive engagement.
- Participates in MarTech and other cross-functional forums to ensure alignment and integration with the strategic direction of the enterprise.
- Ensures all new installs meet regulatory compliance standards. Mitigating business risk indicators within their span of control.
- Performs pre and post data validations to ensure implementation accuracy.
- Develops and performs cost-benefit analyses to evaluate the financial impacts of various digital initiatives for prioritization and decision making.
- Analyses and recommends digital experiences. Analyzes customer experiences, generates insights, and provides recommendations on digital strategies. Tests hypothesis to monitor the continued success and evolution of the existing digital features.
- Provides digital experience implementation support for data and reports. Identifies data and reporting requirements for future digital experience installations. Performs pre- and post-data validations to ensure implementation accuracy.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Social Sciences, Marketing, Psychology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Service/Financial Services, Project Management, Marketing, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Customer Service, Marketing, Technology, Credit Card, Financial Services, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital/E-Commerce Space, Product Management, Campaign Management, Product Owner, User Experience, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience working with SCRUM/Agile methodologies on enterprise-level projects
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and documentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment, with a strong sense of urgency
- Forward looking, strategic thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient at writing detailed user stories/requirements with a strong attention to detail
- Effective at facilitating team/technical meetings
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to provide solutions to roadblocks
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to understand and map out business and technical processes
- Ability to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams to proactively resolve problems
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.