Lifecycle and Growth Marketing Lead at M1 Finance
M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money fall short of what's possible with new technologies, and we're looking to change that. We're building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money through a free and intuitive automated financial platform. We already have made a lot of headway in customer acquisition and growth, having a billion in assets under our management and signing up thousands of customers each week, but we’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We are seeking an experienced strategist and executor to join our marketing team to lead our lifecycle marketing program from the ground up. You’ll be interfacing with leadership and M1 stakeholders to develop the strategy as it pertains to customer segmentation and targeting, acquisition, onboarding and engagement, growth and retention, and reactivation – basically, all aspects of our customer lifecycle through all channels. If this sounds like a big job, you have that right. It’s a job with a huge potential for impact as M1 accelerates its growth, and as a member of a small and scrappy team, you’ll be involved at all levels of driving our success. We’re seeking someone who isn’t afraid of structuring plans without perfect information, who can provide high-level direction, and who doesn’t shy away from rolling up their sleeves. Execution is a large part of this role. M1 is committed to growing our marketing reach and there isn’t a better time to join this fast-paced, growing organization.
- Serve as the marketing lead for all lifecycle and growth projects, including strategy, customer segmentation, demand generation (digital and off-line) and email marketing and communication
- Work closely with leadership to develop marketing strategy based on company OKRs and goals, then execute plans from start to finish that achieve our ROI targets, including helping to define and structure the metrics for reporting
- Outline end-to-end client lifecycle, including behaviors, preferences, and needs, then create segmentations based on persona
- Own engagement initiatives across online and offline channels, with the goal of exceeding plans of generating new clients, increasing AUM, and accelerating M1’s revenue growth
- Develop and manage a A/B testing schedules, while implementing learnings to continuously optimize email, touchpoint, and marketing performance
- Manage M1’s marketing database, ensuring cleanliness and data integrity, while developing and implementing a strategy that enables us to deliver the right message to the right audience, increasing engagement
- 5+ years of experience in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or marketing programs in a high-performing team and company with aggressive growth goals
- Expertise in using and expanding use of marketing automation technology, with focus on email conversion and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated success in testing, validating, managing and scaling customer acquisition across multiple digital channels
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen, both as an individual contributor and as a cross-functional team member.
- Analytic and structured thinking who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders
- Action-oriented and a willingness to execute on strategy, even when data is imperfect
- Experience with analytics and data tools, with big plus for capabilities to write queries against a data set
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo