Manager, Ad Trafficking
The Manager of Ad Trafficking will lead a team responsible for launching advertising campaigns and ensuring ad functionality. He or she will aide in managing ad product guidelines, ad serving tools and software, and vendor relationships.
This individual will be the point of contact for managing the workload of the Ad Traffickers and act as a key point of escalation. The successful candidate will serve as an Ad Operations expert for interdepartmental questions that arise and will act as a strategic partner to clients by providing consultation ensuring the correct setup of advertising campaigns and usage of web technologies.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the ad serving tool and use with site configuration.
- Knowledge of all ad products available on the site, including specs, general availability and performance of unit.
- Lead and manage a team of Ad Traffickers
- Understand the elements necessary for timely and correct implementation of all campaigns based on targeting criteria
- Maintain a high quality standard for the Ad Trafficking department by overseeing Quality Assurance to ensure accuracy and to exceed client expectations, while still trafficking (when needed) for larger and more complex accounts.
- Serve as point of contact for team for ad product delivery, campaign management, and sales departments in terms of product and process changes
- Recognize the training and resource needs of individuals and the department and coordinate opportunities to expand knowledge and practice of products and skills that balance efficiency with quality
- Review and provide feedback on new processes and products which will improve operational efficiencies.
- Monitor daily workflow and ensure that SLAs are consistently met
- Mediate escalated issues involving internal and external customers
- Support the team in troubleshooting and resolution on inventory and delivery issues
- Ensure quality of service from the Ad Trafficking team
- Document processes and maintain a knowledgebase, wiki, or other shared resources
- Strive to exceed our own expectations while delivering the highest quality product and results to our customers.
- Set up processes with other Revenue Operations teams to ensure training and best practices are effectively in place.
- Encourage an environment which fosters ownership and accountability while promoting personal development and innovation.
- Hire high quality individuals. Supervise, coach, and develop staff to accomplish the above objectives and to grow their skillset and expertise.
- Handle other duties that arise to accomplish the business objectives
Preferred Experience and Skills
- A strong work ethic; ability to work under pressure, prioritizing multiple assignments with a high degree of accuracy, and function quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- A strong understanding of digital advertising; especially the role that ad operations plays
- A passion for all things digital, including a good understanding of industry trends and web technology developments and how they can be used to upgrade our products and processes
- Extensive hands on experience with 3rd party advertising vendors including deep understanding of ad serving solutions and order management systems (DFP, Sizmek, Operative, etc..)
- Minimum of 2 years management experience; experience managing an outsourced team is a plus
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment, and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and customers
- Demonstrate world class service mentality with both internal and external contacts
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management.
- Ability to adapt to and operate effectively in fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- BA or BS Degree Management of Information Systems; Operations Management, or equivalent experience in advertising industry.