Manager, Category Strategy at Walgreens
Manages a process designed to develop and operationalize a customer-led and data-driven approach to achieve category at strategic objectives. Outcomes managed have an impact on category at initiatives. Additional responsibilities include development and/or maintenance of instruments and reporting that support continuous process improvement.
- Manages the daily strategic activities that develop and operationalizing a customer-led and data-driven approach to multiple components / processes for a specified section of work within Category/Format Strategy. Collaborates with a team and / or cross-functional partners responsible for developing and implementing strategies that support category at growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category at initiatives.
- May become regularly involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. May make recommended changes to strategy/roadmap for area of responsibility.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Manages the development and implementation of processes and /or resources. May oversee team(s) assigned to projects and manages the implementation processes.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally to develop strategies to mitigate loss and/or optimize profitability. Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes and relationships.
- Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and resources and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize specified area of responsibility. Analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and makes recommendations for application of findings. Provides recommendations in creation and development of templates, methodologies, and presentations relating to strategies for area of responsibility.
- May create and implement divisional projects based on strategic need. Utilizes project management skills to create client-focused deliverables, delegate work, implement project analysis, and deliver strategic results.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of analysts and/or cross-functional partners. Allocates available resources to meet strategic objectives. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma /GED and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 1 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.