Manager, Content Strategy
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Manager, Content Strategy in Physician Engagement. As part of the team, you will develop and manage overall messaging and content for all membership marketing campaigns across all channels, with a keen focus on direct mail, email, and digital advertising.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead messaging and content development for all membership marketing campaigns.
- Develop a unique understanding of the target market, and individual personas’ interests to align messaging and content across channels.
- Function as lead storyteller, responsible for crafting the strategy to connect messaging and channels to target audience to drive membership. Own the customer journey and overall editorial/go-to-market calendar to increase engagement and maximize value exchange between the AMA and physicians, residents and students.
- Help bring new ideas for channel expansion, content distribution and amplification based on expertise and industry trends to improve the user experience, while maintaining consistency across channels.
- Lead, mentor and provide management oversight for highly-skilled professional staff. Responsible for setting objectives, evaluating staff performance; assure development. Identify opportunities for advancing staff skills and expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Marketing, Journalism or related coursework preferred.
- 5-7 years of marketing, content creation, website optimization experience or other applicable experience required.
- 3 years previous experience managing and developing a team of content strategists, producers, or other creative professionals, required.
- Previous experience working in subscription or membership-based business model, preferred.
- Analytical marketer who understands how messaging platforms and KPIs work together – agile thinking with the ability to course correct with data; ability to use data to optimize campaign performance, required.
- Proven experience creating content across multiple mediums (print, email, digital, video, etc.) designed to solicit a response, required.
- Proven A/B tester, who can smartly test content elements to optimize response rates, required.
- Exceptional time and project management skills. Formal project management training a plus, required.
- Highly self-motivated, creative thinker who is willing to take calculated entrepreneurial risks to drive hyper-growth, required.
- Dynamic with great written and verbal communications skills, required.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=853&source=BLTIN. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION