Manager, Customer Acquisition Expansion
Are you a digital marketing leader who is passionate about driving paid media performance and investing massive marketing budget to maximize digital advertising ROI? Would you like to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and be part of a growing performance-driven marketing team and even help to build out the team? If your answers are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Leading and also building a new Customer Acquisition Expansion team, the Manager of Customer Acquisition Expansion will be responsible for expanding our customer acquisition strategy and investing with new partnerships across Display, Email, SEM, Social, etc. This role will be reporting into the VP of Finance and will be expected to work successfully with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Set overall acquisition expansion strategy, develop new channels for customer growth and expanding market share.
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team and the finance team on forecasting acquisition spend, ROI, customer analytics and attribution tracking, while closely monitoring and reporting key metrics and developing immediate action plans to optimize campaign performance.
- Make recommendations to executive team on strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for customer acquisition and conversion.
- Works closely with Retention and Product teams to create an optimal user experience and to develop and execute a new end-to-end user funnel to improve engagement and purchase frequency while reducing churn.
- Closely watch the competitive landscape and best practices and proactively react to market actions and customer needs by improving plans and operational activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Concentrated in Marketing, Statistics, or Business-related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing or B2C marketing with a focus on customer acquisition. Merchandising and/or marketplace experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in planning, developing and managing marketing budgets.
- Proven success in managing Display, Email, SEM and Social channel/media buying.
- Experience in developing highly targeted campaigns based on data and analytics.
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring A/B testing and related KPIs.
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify issues, trends, or exceptions and make recommendations to drive strategic and tactical improvements.
- Data manipulation in MS Excel; SQL skills is a plus.
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment.
- Highly resourceful, and works well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Very hands-on with the tactics; can-do approach and willing to be held accountable for business results.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills - with individuals at all levels and in all departments of the organization.
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven curated shopping guide site with ever-growing monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, occurs every Friday and may be possible at additional times.