Manager or Director of Marketing and Communications
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for the full-time position of Manager/Director of Marketing and Communications. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader looking to drive marketing and communications efforts for mHUB and our growing hardtech community. We are looking for a creative thinker and storyteller with excellent interpersonal and writing skills, who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment.
This role will play a critical part on the mHUB leadership team to expand brand reach beyond regional authority to reach a national audience and support the substantial projected growth of the mHUB community over the coming years. The Manager/Director of Marketing will also be a key member of the team working across the tech ecosystem to scale the CPR-COVID-19 initiative to leverage the tech community to fight coronavirus and support economic recovery. Marketing leadership will span across mHUB’s business units and initiatives, including innovation center, product development services, accelerator program and Product Impact Fund I.
Title is commensurate with experience.
- Manage mHUB’s brand, including positioning and refinement, and maintain the institutional voice through compelling narratives that resonate with the organization’s core audiences
- Define and implement high-impact marketing strategies for mHUB and its business units, including Product Development Services, mHUB’s Accelerator Program and mHUB’s Product Impact Fund I
- Define public relations and executive visibility strategies that build authority within the industry through strong thought leadership
- Act as the external mHUB spokesperson, building and nurturing relationships with local and national media contacts
- Lead content strategy across channels, including site, email, social and external engagement leveraging mediums, including writing, visual design and video
- Lead team in executing high-profile events with industry leaders and public sector officials, including mHUB Product Showcase and Demo Day, Industry Disruptor Series and the Fourth Revolution Awards
- Manage the marketing team through optimization and ongoing maintenance of the mHUB website with an eye towards user experience and lead generation
- Lead development and execution of lead generation campaigns, including paid digital
- Manage mHUB external marketing partners, including video, design and paid digital, aligning with mHUB’s larger marketing goals
- Track and report on marketing metrics across channels, including awareness, engagement and conversion
- Manage the marketing budget and continuously improve ROI
- Support the launch of the inaugural cohort of mHUB’s accelerator program and drive national marketing campaigns for subsequent cohorts of program
The successful candidate will be a proven strategic marketer with a track record of developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing campaigns. They will be a strong storyteller and communicator, highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and resourceful.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 7-10 years of experience with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience with multiple aspects of marketing such as campaign development, public relations, digital platforms, promotions and partnerships
- Proven success in building audiences though compelling content
- Ability to leverage data to drive decision making
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Demonstrated interest and experience in startups, technology and/or entrepreneurship
- Comfort operating in a semi-public environment where expectations are high and where there is considerable attention on the product and outcomes
- Basic design skills include a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML are a plus
- Experience managing a team is a plus
Please submit the below items by e-mail to [email protected]
- Salary requirements
- Cover letter
- 2-3 references