We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join our Corporate Strategy and Marketing teams. You will lead the communication efforts across our growing firm alongside the change management of strategic initiatives. The underlying skills needed to be successful includes story-telling, dot-connecting, relationship building and coordinating.
We’re looking for a proactive self-starter — someone who’s ready to make a big impact within Kin + Carta by being a part of defining internal communication strategy at the regional and global level.Responsibilities
- Creating a holistic communications strategy that ties seemingly disparate threads together into a unified, cohesive message
- Consulting and collaborating with cross-functional, cross-regional and diverse teams
- Coordinating communications alongside change management strategies in support of internal firm transformation programs and strategic initiatives
- Creating and managing all internal communications to ensure well spaced, consistent and aligned communication activities
- Crafting messages and writing communications that are detailed, accurate, grammatically correct and concise, and tailored to the author, platform, and audience
- Developing content across communication platforms that reinforce the Kin + Carta brand position, operating plans, and employee value proposition
- Establishing and managing ongoing measurement and reporting processes to ensure employee communications are delivering greater overall value (ROI) for the firm
- Forecasting, planning and managing workload and priorities to ensure high-quality work and internal employee satisfaction as it relates to firm-wide communication (Americas-specific and global)
- Conducting external research and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement of company-wide employee communication programs, processes, and channels
- Developing, mentoring, and coaching coworkers
- Help cultivate our vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent
- Sourcing and implementing best-in-class internal communication platforms that facilitate communication across multiple channels
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 4-5 years of internal communication experience
- 5 years experience with program management
- Experience managing employee communication programs, processes, and channels (intranet, Slack, webcast, video, etc.)
- Exceptional entrepreneurial and relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving skills, and can proactively manage or solve for future potential risks
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an eye for grammar and consistency
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track as priorities change
- Ability to measure and report on the effectiveness of internal communication and change management programs, and their value to the company’s goals and strategic initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that can effectively engage employees and help them understand and foster the organization’s mission, vision, values, culture, goals, and strategies
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.