Manager, Marketing Analytics
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
- Team lead within the US-based Global Analytics Consulting team. Collaborates with broader team of Analysts and Data Scientists based in US, Europe and Asia, leading direct and in-direct reports on consultancy projects and ongoing of customer deliverables.
- Expert in understanding and articulating the value of analytics solutions to guide marketing decision-making. Demonstrated abilities in statistical analyses, and solid understanding of machine learning algorithms and visualization tools.
- Oversee day to day customer interaction and maintain strong ongoing relationships (Business Insights, Marketing and occasionally Supply Chain) and collaboration with other key stakeholders (e.g. Marketing Agencies, Insights providers).
- Identify and address opportunities for continuous improvement of internal and external processes, using direct customer discussions to maintain strong value perception.
- Support manager in the identification of opportunities for business development and in strategic planning and commercial customer discussions.
- Manage the work performance of direct reports; serves as mentor and coach for broader team members. Author and provide reviews and appropriate goal-setting during corporate outlined review periods.
- Relationship management with core clients and other stakeholders
- Oversee ongoing relationship with key Global Business Insights Customer
- Collaborate extensively with other external and internal customers including but not limited to Marketing, SC, Strategy
- Manage clients’ expectations and foster a sense of transparency in the day to day business relationship
- Provide thought-leadership and consultancy which will help the Marketing team drive forward their business
- Travel to internal and external stakeholders for face-to-face meetings when needed (e.g. regular Chicago-based meetings, possibility of very occasional overseas travel)
- Day to day management and longer term career-path coaching of direct reports (1 US-based Analyst to begin with possibly extending to further DRs in the future) and project management and mentoring of other in-direct reports in US and global locations.
- Propose and implement project teams’ structure, roles and responsibilities, timelines and lead management of concurrent projects on an ongoing basis
- Actively support the development of relevant skill sets amongst direct reports and within the broader team
- Share and scale insights, best practice learning and experience which support and strengthen the teams’ growth and delivery against key business targets
- Analytics Deliverables
- Oversee regular reporting and post-analyses deliverables for US and global marketing audiences
- Proactively suggest and/or respond to requests for ad-hoc analyses via presentations which ‘speak’ to a Marketing Audience ‘telling the business insights story’, providing insights and prescriptive recommendations which allow Marketing to make relevant and impactful business decisions
- Collaborate with Client’s Business Insights department as well as HAVI’s Advanced Analytics Departments to agree methodology and data sources for the above
- Supported by the extended team, design and develop solutions (tools, dashboards, analyses) based on either the customer’s requests or proactively to drive revenue
- Proactively propose improvements to the above scope/content/efficiency/costs per changing business needs on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate closely with The Marketing Store to advise on business trends, recommend deep-dive topics, provide insights and advise on process optimization which add value for our internal and common customer business.
- Collaborate with other HAVI service lines and shared services
- Support manager in delivery against strategic initiatives
- Ensure that relevant information relating to strategies is filtered down through the team
- Support One-HAVI focus via ongoing collaboration with key HAVI stakeholders
- Collaborate with manager on creation of P+Ls to support proposals for customers and meet financial goals
- Maintain time tracking and collaborate with finance to perform projects reconciliation of projects to ensure healthy profit margins and focus on continuous improvement
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree or equivalent in economics, statistics, applied mathematics, or any other quantitative social science
- A marketing-oriented qualification or experience is also desirable
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in the marketing analytics field (ideally within a business insights unit for a retail brand or with a specialized consultancy firm), including at least one years’ experience leading a team
- Good knowledge of marketing and understanding of how to derive insights to optimize marketing activities/promotions
- Supply Chain knowledge will also prove helpful
- Team leader comfortable with collaborating with overseas team members and manager
- Strong consultative skill set
- Capable of understanding complex statistical analyses and machine learning algorithms, to develop solutions from within the team or to leverage other internal resources
- Capable of translating complex analytical concepts, methodologies, and insights to a non-analytics-oriented audience
- Knowledge of Python, R, SAS, SQL, Tableau
- Understanding of forecasting and marketing mix models
- First rate communicator and presenter
- Excellent client-servicing skills – able to manage expectations and pre-empt difficult situations
- At ease with networking and relationship-building with different stakeholders (marketing agencies, research partners, database team, marketing, insights and supply chain clients)
- Self-starter capable of proactively proposing projects or solutions
- Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment
- Strong team player
- Very good organizational and project management skills
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success