Sprout Social develops and delivers social media engagement, advocacy and analytics solutions for more than 25,000 leading brands and agencies around the world including the Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru. We’re relentless about solving hard problems, building elegant software and ensuring customer and team success.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and data-driven marketing operations leader to join our growing Chicago-based marketing team. You will lead the strategy and creation of the marketing operations roadmap to enable the marketing team to be more effective through process improvement and technology implementation.
You will manage our marketing automation platform, processes and tools, helping to ensure that best practices for data management, workflow automation, program execution and reporting are consistently implemented and adapted. You’ll evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance. You will create and develop lead management processes throughout the lead lifecycle that can scale with the business, ensuring that each step in the funnel is operationalized and optimized through the right technology and clearly defined processes.
The successful candidate will take an analytical approach to identify opportunities and gaps in the combined sales and marketing lead funnel, and will use data and automation to increase both quantity and quality of marketing generated pipeline. You’ll provide insights into marketing channel contributions to pipeline and revenue and will monitor and maintain data quality and integrity within the marketing database.
Working closely with the Analytics team, you’ll communicate across US & International marketing and sales organizations to measure acquisition efficiency, analyze marketing's impact across multiple geographies and business units, and deliver feedback and analysis to appropriate teams. You’ll support the marketing team by creating systems training and documentation.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B marketing operations for a SaaS organization
- Advanced proficiency in marketing automation, including integrating tools across systems
- 2+ years experience using Marketo and Salesforce required
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Analytical, evidence-based, able to understand and use data from multiple sources to formulate reports and presentations that communicate marketing insights.
- Deep understanding of demand generation, revenue attribution, lead scoring, and customer lifecycle
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to collaborate across departments and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and resources
- Demonstrated expertise in defining, implementing and maintaining reports and analytics to track lead flow, conversion revenue attribution and related KPIs.
- Critical thinker, you don’t take directives at face value, you consider the task at hand, offering constructive feedback to improve processes
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tableau, Drift, and Wordpress a plus
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality work that drives revenue
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Get acquainted with key partners in Marketing and Sales and learn everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Meet with your peers and extended team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups and team meetings.
- Get up-to-speed on the demand generation funnel and key metrics.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Understand our inbound marketing lead generation tactics and outbound sales efforts.
- Develop familiarity with our mid-funnel sales processes and metrics.
- Fully understand our marketing tech stack and have begun making improvements and optimizations
Within 6 months, you will...
- Have a thorough understanding or our lead funnel flow, gaps and opportunities
- Be engaging regularly with sales and marketing leaders to prioritize and make the most impactful improvements to our pipeline and marketing operations at all stages of the funnel
- Have begun consolidating and optimizing tools and add on software in our tech stack
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be managing and implementing high impact operational improvements and changes across the entire marketing funnel
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.