Manager Marketing Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Seeking candidates with a passion for helping Discover deliver exceptional experience for a role within the Marketing & Customer Experience Team at Discover Home Equity (DHE). The focus of this role will be leading the development and execution of the customer experience function within DHE. Key responsibilities will be complaint management, coordinating and leading action plans to address root causes of customer dissatisfaction, monitoring customer satisfaction metrics and management of projects to further strengthen our customer experience across all channels. Additional responsibilities include managing Voice of the Customer analysis. The right candidate must have exceptional analytic, project management and communication skills while being comfortable working across Marketing, Sales and Operations.
Responsible for leading customer experience strategies and projects, including directing complaint management efforts. The manager will identify and coordinate efforts to capture opportunities to enhance the customer experience across all customer touchpoints.
Specifically, this position is responsible for managing voice of the customer insights for Discover Home Equity Loans with oversight of all customer data sources (survey, feedback, complaints, social media, online reviews, regulatory organizations), data analysis and improvements to the overall customer experience. This role partners with business stakeholders to assess current pain points and develop solutions to improve existing processes, communication, training and technology. Additionally, this position leads the continued expansion of customer insight tools and research methods to increase data collection frequency and methods. This person is part of a strategic team that identifies opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and reduce complaints within a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment. The position will partner with several internal stakeholders (Marketing, Field Operations, Operations Strategy, Policy & Procedures, Legal, Compliance, BRIC and Consumer Banking Operations) as well as external parties.
- Analyze trends to identify operational, process or systemic failures that pose a risk to the organization and provide solutions for process improvements.
- Present findings in a compelling manner, both written and verbal, to all levels of the organization (including senior leadership), using data to tell the story.
- Partner with extended team members to identify pain points across the customer journey and develop quick and actionable improvements.
- Refine existing data collection methods and develop additional capabilities across the customer journey to create a deep understanding of the customer’s end to end experience and reactions to individual components of the experience.
- Responsible for managing the development and implementation of key initiatives, product enhancements, and customer experience.
- Partners with BT and PMO to ensure BT projects are delivering business strategy. Comanages key projects with BT Lead
- Leads customer experience reviews on key customer events/interactions from start to finish to identify areas of opportunity for feature development, improving communication, or enhancing the customer experience and more.
- Monitors the performance of the customer base to measure product success and identify opportunities.
- Creates Customer Experience strategy roadmap
- Develops insights through evaluation of existing customer KPIs, and share key insights across the department.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- 6+ years of marketing or financial services marketing experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of marketing or financial services marketing experience
- Experience analyzing customer feedback to identify root causes of customer (dis)satisfaction. Translating said information into actionable recommendations and decisions
If we had our say, we woud also look for:
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer Insights
- Mortgage or financial services industry experience
- Previous experience managing VOC programs and/or data collection
- Experience with customer-related software (i.e., Tealeaf, Glassbox, Ominture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, eGain, Salesforce) and/or Tableau preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.