Manager, National Field Marketing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
The McDonald’s team is looking for a high energy, marketing professional with an unwavering focus on business outcomes to work on the National Field Marketing team and partner with Field Offices to own the development of Co-Op specific marketing plans, and the local execution of the national marketing plan within assigned local coop geography to profitably build sales, transactions, and cash flow for the company and Owner/Operator restaurants.
Key customers include McDonald’s Home Office Marketing Team, Field Office Management, Co-op Owner/Operators, Field Office Staff and Restaurant Management within the assigned geography.
In addition to the following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and strengthens the McDonald's brand position (sales, transactions and cash flow) in their assigned geography and other areas of responsibility.
- Communicates national and field office plans and priorities and partners with local teams, agencies and owner operators to build and monitor Co-op plans that are aligned to the overall business plan.
- Acts as a conduit between McDonald’s National Field Marketing team and Field Marketing team, providing perspective, resources, support and analysis.
- Strategic planning/alignment, tactical development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of Co-Op marketing plans/resources (includes advertising, promotion and public relations) to achieve annual Co-Op goals. Leads this process if assigned Co-Ops independently.
- Tracks performance of coop marketing plan priorities weekly, monthly, etc. and facilitates appropriate adjustments
- Leads agencies in the development of creative strategies/briefs
- Manages development and execution of local creative (TV, radio, outdoor, print, and restaurant merchandising, etc.) in accordance with the regional creative process and national creative standards.
- Owns the process for development, execution and evaluation of local media plans in assigned Co-Ops
- Ensures optimized merchandising execution within assigned Coops
- Improves success of the system plan by ensuring Owner/Operator understanding and advocacy for the national marketing plan by securing coop votes and providing continuous input and feedback to Field Office, and National Management.
- Provides leadership points of view, builds positive relationships and champions collaboration among Home Office and Field Marketing Teams, as well as Owner/Operators, Agencies and Suppliers to achieve maximum performance.
- Manages day-to-day workflow of Coop agencies
- In partnership with Coop leadership, holds agencies accountable for deliverables within the approved scope, through formal and informal agency performance reviews
- Gathers, analyze, and provides accurate, relevant, and timely inputs to support the development of local agency recommendations to Owner/Operators allowing them to make informed and confident decisions.
- Interpret and evaluate information related to sales, P&L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Communications Degree required.
- 5+ years of Marketing or Advertising agency experience recommended, preferably within a Field Marketing capacity.
- QSR or Restaurant Services Client or industry advertising or public relations agency experience recommended.
- Strong computer/written/verbal communication skills necessary.
- Understanding of Excel, business analytics, business case development and social media.
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the Midwest with a desire to potentially relocate within the US for a broader Field Marketing role, should the opportunity arise.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.