Store Code: Brand Management (27089)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of private label brands within Ahold Delhaize USA, and continuously refining the strategy of these brand offerings to best meet customer desires. Within an assigned brand/brands, this role will work to create compelling and differentiated products for all categories, designing and executing programs to support the brand growth, and continuously scanning the competitive landscape for new opportunities. This role will work in partnership with PB Category Development other supporting teams to ensure all facets of the brands product portfolio are operating effectively. This role will also have lead responsibility for the assigned brand(s) financial performance.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Brand Strategy Leadership
- Defines, manages, and upholds the brand positioning and packaging guardrails (e.g. Brand Equity
- Documents) of assigned Ahold Delhaize USA Private Brands.
- Shares and educates the PB brand positioning with the local Brands and their respective teams. Identifies target consumers and prime prospects.
- Responsible to identify consumer insight and research needs as appropriate.
- Supports the creation, development and/or rationalization of brands across the portfolio, if applicable. Regularly analyze overall brand performance and provide transparency and insights to senior leadership.
Brand Identity, Marketing and Market Analysis
- Works with the brands to develop, execute and monitor comprehensive on-going marketing plans to support the growth of the family of Private Brands products (sales, penetration, profits, and image metrics).
- Works with the brands to develop the marketing and promotional strategies for all major Private Brands initiatives (e.g. major new product launches, platforms, seasonal items).
- Defines and develops the content of marketing/selling initiatives that cross multiple brands (e.g. First to Know, Rate & Review, LTO,).
- Maintains close surveillance of competitive brand activities across categories as well as at competitive retailers.
- Leads or supports (as assigned) the Product Lifecycle Quality Program ensuring that product quality issues are identified, and corrective action programs are implemented and monitored to ensure on-going product quality and compliance to specifications and guardrails.
- Creates the strategy to drive Private Brands advocacy across ADUSA, including internal brand advocacy efforts.
- Supports category annual planning by working with Category Managers to build awareness/understanding of how the brand strategy translates to individual categories and help the PB Category Development Managers develop brand-building aspects of their plans.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience,
- 5+ years of related experience in a merchandising/marketing/brand management position, preferably in own brand or private brand sector or CPG brand development
- Have a broad view and knowledge of the private label industry and understanding of the competitive landscape and role of private label
- Demonstrated experience integrating consumer/customer/category and industry trends to generate business insights to develop compelling strategic stories
- Prior responsibility for understand and reporting on brand financials & strong business acumen Strong Project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask against several complex projects at a time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with willingness to take appropriate action on information. Customer-focused with knowledge of consumer food products brand management; understanding of the private label retail food business environment and metrics preferred.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 215636_external_USA-IL-Chicago