Manager of Strategic Communications at RedShelf
Founded in 2012, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company focused on helping colleges, publishers, and businesses transition effectively to more affordable and efficient digital textbooks and learning materials. In addition to digitizing and distributing 1 million titles from 10,000+ publishers, we offer an end-to-end software platform (known as our Content Delivery System) that streamlines every step in the content distribution process.
We’re one of the nation’s fastest-growing education companies, named to the Inc. 5000 for three consecutive years, and now supporting half of all colleges nationwide.
The Manager of Strategic Communications is responsible for planning and implementing external and internal communication strategies and tactics to advance RedShelf business objectives while protecting and building our brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans that directly fuel global business objectives.
- Manage partner/customer communications, including eNewsletters and other ad hoc communications.
- Manage social media efforts, crafting and delivering targeted, channel-specific content to meaningfully engage key audiences.
- Own fledgling RedShelf blog, developing and continually expanding content to create a robust portal for sharing knowledge and fueling demand.
- Plan and produce content marketing pieces (occasionally in partnership with key publishing and university partners), such as white papers, blog articles, webinars, informative infographics, contributed/bylined articles, opeds, etc.
- Craft and submit awards applications and industry presentation proposals, and assist with preparing related presentation materials and prepping presenters for key industry trade shows and events.
- Write and distribute media releases and companion announcements (e.g. email blasts, social amplification) to promote organizational advancements and achievements.
- Spearhead strategic public relations activities to expand awareness through proactive and ongoing media outreach, public appearances, and other industry visibility tactics.
- Work in partnership with Human Resources and organizational leadership on internal/employee communications.
- 7+ years of experience in a strategic communications role involving both traditional media as well non-traditional channels (e.g. social, content) for building awareness and reputation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining schedules and adhering to budgets.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Proactivity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and achievement orientation.
- Bachelor's degree. (Journalism and/or writing focus preferred)
- Experience with social media platforms, monitoring tools, and social listening tools.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.