Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
At Upwork, we are looking for a SEO Manager to drive growth initiatives within our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of high-impact SEO growth projects. You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Product, Engineering, Design, Content Marketing, Paid Search, Data Science and Analytics to grow relevant business metrics associated with businesses looking to hire quality freelance talent from around the world. You have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and you can balance critical thinking, creative ideation, and exceptional follow-through. This role will report directly to the Head of SEO.Your Responsibilities:
- Drive Technical SEO roadmap, including site health, performance, platform improvements, taxonomy, Structured data / Schema, Tech QA and anomaly detection.
- Technical SEO for Community and Support sites.
- Provide ongoing analysis of SEO trends, finding opportunities to expand Upwork’s search share, and assist in the process of tracking and analyzing overall success.
- Partner with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to define, test and launch SEO improvements
- Lead multiple facets of the SEO program including keyword research, content ideation, link acquisition, local and international search campaigns, and monitoring of technical SEO issues.
- Champion SEO initiatives within the company by helping educate marketers, engineers, and product managers on the importance of SEO.
- 4+ years of SEO experience at an enterprise company, ideally at a B2B organization.
- Deep understanding of core SEO concepts and practices, with knowledge of how various technologies and web design principles impact SEO
- You are adept at implementing content and technical SEO tactics with a cross-functional team
- Technical SEO ownership in an enterprise-size company
- Proven skills with Platform improvements, Schema, site performance enhancements
- Solid experience planning and executing SEO A/B tests
- Exceptional quantitative skills, ability to quickly analyze data and take action on it
- Strong command of tools commonly used to track and analyze SEO performance
- Proficiency in a programming or scripting language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.