SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
This Market Segment Manager oversees the growth and development of our Residential channel. They are responsible for the development and execution of the annual marketing plan for this segment of our business, in collaboration with Sales and key stake holders. Oversees the creation and implementation of all necessary marketing programs and initiatives to achieve desired customer acquisition goals. Ideates campaigns designed to deliver leads and help sales build pipeline and close opportunities, driving customer acquisition and revenue. Is a strategic and critical thinker, problem solver, idea generator, with strong project management and communication skills, and the ability to set strategies and execute tactics.
• Ideate and implement strategic ABM marketing plans, designed to drive lead generation, provide sales enablement and increase conversion rates.
• Integrate campaigns across outbound and inbound marketing channels, in close collaboration with Sales and Product Management teams.
• Drive outstanding customer experiences by understanding our various customer personas and journeys and effectively communicating our value proposition at key intersection points.
• Support the creation of marketing collateral & materials, including digital for sales enablement to engage with prospects at various points in the sales cycle.
• Support the creation of ancillary marketing content (both verbal and visual) specific to the market segment, developing impactful, strategically aligned content across a wide variety of media including web, social media, video, interactive, print, and other platforms as needed.
• Establish and evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) for campaigns and measure results across all initiatives, identify implications and make necessary adjustments to strategies based on learnings. Effectively assess impact of activities, with timely course correcting as needed to directly address under-performance when applicable.
• Deliver on established customer acquisition goals, evaluating past initiatives to assess areas in need of growth or improvement.
• Conduct market data/research to understand market needs, position solutions and services effectively and differentiate SMS Assist from competitors.
• Foster a positive team environment
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
• Customer Service
• Verbal Communication – Advanced
• Written Communication – Advanced
• Editing and Proofing- Advanced
• Teamwork – Advanced
• Relationships – Advanced
• Organizational Awareness – Proficient
• Learning Agility – Proficient
• Analysis – Advanced
• Process Orientation – Advanced
• Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Advanced editing and proofing skills
• Experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM)
• An entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical skills and solid financial acumen to complement her/ his functional depth in marketing
• Strong project management skills from conceptualization, driving alignment, managing deadlines, analyzing results and delivering recommendations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
People Management Skills
• Proficient in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
• Proficient in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
• Proficient in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
• Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, writing, or equivalent
• 10 or more years of directly relevant marketing experience and a proven track record of creating and executing measurable, successful marketing programs
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Experience working with email automation and marketing automation programs such as HubSpot, Marketo, or Eloqua