Marketing Analyst, Digital at Morningstar
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and original content to the financial community through our branded web experiences, authored by a wide variety of analysts, policy experts, behavioral scientists and journalists. Morningstar is looking for a Marketing Analyst to support audience growth and engagement strategy on www.morningstar.com, exploring how to reach more readers, convert first time visitors into repeat visitors, power users and ultimately into leads for our paid products.
The Marketing Analyst will help define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for lead generation and engagement and generate insights about how our audiences engage with us across our different platforms.
The successful candidate will be able to design and implement A/B test experiments, implement digital analytics tagging, provide exploratory analysis and identify actionable insights to drive our business forward.
This person can translate a myriad of marketing metrics into digestible and actionable insights for key stakeholders, including executives. This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations and works with multiple partners across brand, editorial and product teams.
- Design, build and automate dashboards focused on content performance for user engagement, lead generation and optin.
- Provide analysis of inbound channel performance with recommendations for improvements.
- Own our implementation of Google Tag Manager.
- Document and communicate findings and insights to stakeholders across the company, including senior executives.
- Support increased analytical rigor on the business by establishing rhythm of delivering reports and insights gleaned from Google Analytics, Eloqua, Salesforce and other available resources and databases
- Contribute to ad hoc projects and tasks as needed to support overall marketing efforts
- 3-5 years professional experience analyzing web traffic, preferably with a focus on content marketing or journalism.
- Experience with reporting & analytics for B2C and B2B lead generation
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Tableau required. Experience with SQL a plus.
- Experience applying statistics to business problems (especially A/B test designs)
- Must be able to handle multiple, complex projects with several stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively and drive actions with other functional areas of the company.
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver presentations to senior management, public groups, and/or internal customers.
Please submit a cover letter and at least 1 example of an analysis you’ve conducted where you’ve demonstrated the success (or failure) of a tactic for driving traffic to a website. Applications without this additional supporting material will not be considered.