About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Analyst who will support the Marketing Retention Analytics team. They will be responsible for uncovering trends and strategic insights in customer behavior, building and improving key-metric dashboards, and leveraging data to unlock opportunity and drive strategic marketing decisions to retain our customers. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Retention Strategy & Analytics. We are a lean team; to succeed in this role, you must operate with an ownership mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Using SQL, leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights and reporting that will drive better business decisions across Marketing - incorporating automation wherever possible.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with marketing channel owners and data scientists.
- Build dashboards that senior leaders can leverage to capitalize on key areas of opportunity
- Conduct analysis and share data-driven insights succinctly with data visualizations to synthesize the impact of initiatives led by teams
- Provide recommendations around trade-off decisions between competing programs and campaigns, desired consumer behaviors, and stakeholders in order to recommend the optimal investment.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance, or tech
- Advanced SQL and reporting (Tableau strongly preferred)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen business acumen and ability to apply context to sanity-check numbers
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.