Are you excited about uncovering new insights to drive change? Sprout Social is looking for a Marketing Analyst to extract, analyze and communicate customer data into actionable information for the marketing team. Your goal is to ensure we are making smart decisions and executing effectively against our strategy.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 24,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The recommendations you make will help to directly impact our customer growth.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work closely with teams across the organization to develop a strong understanding of behavior on our website. The candidate we’re looking for has a thorough understanding of data analyses to drive web optimization, the ability to run and analyze A/B tests using platforms like VWO, Maxymiser or Optimizely, and has developed skills in SQL, Python, Google Analytics and Salesforce.
Within 1 month, You’ll:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members
- Learn about our Marketing Tech stack and what tools you’ll be using on an ongoing basis.
- Be introduced to key stakeholders, Channel Owners, Sales Operations, Data Science teams.
- Understand Sprout, Bambu, Simply infrastructure and web properties.
- Understand business KPIs and potential secondary analysis opportunities to improve upon.
- Meet regularly with your manager to walk through Analytics current projects and road map.
Within 3 months, You’ll:
- Have a working understanding of gaps in data distribution and the needs of Channel Owners, Senior Management Team and the Marketing Org++.
- Improve upon business KPI knowledge through multiple analysis tasks.
- Learn about specific metrics that Sales Operations uses to report on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Become acquainted with our funnel, data and revenue models and our ideal customer profile.
Within 6 months, You’ll:
- Own multiple projects related to site optimization and conversion.
- Improve upon existing data distribution channels and begin to build timely and relevant dashboards.
- Re-define analytics processes in relation to tag management, sales operations and task curation.
- Learn to implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests in coordination with the Director of Web Strategy.
- Be comfortable working cross-functionally, providing insights and improvements to our website, analytics properties or Marketing Tech stack.
Within 12 months, You’ll:
- Create and automate holistic and quantitative dashboards and reports from different data sources to provide Channel Owners and Senior Management Team with data insights to support decision-making process.
- Develop, maintain and deliver weekly & monthly KPIs and ad hoc reports in agreed-upon timeframes.
- Deliver data-driven insights that lead to increased web and mobile site conversions and communicate results effectively by telling the story behind the data.
- Be able to diagnose and solve errors across multiple web properties and systems.
- Improve working knowledge of full funnel reporting, coordinating with Marketing Leaders, Sales Operations and Success Teams to improve KPIs/tracking.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!