M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars, are signing up thousands of new customers each week, and have rave reviews from our userbase. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We're looking for someone with focus, curiosity, and energy to launch our business intelligence team at M1. As our Marketing Analyst, you will work with our leadership team to compile and analyze relevant data to grow our business. Your work will be leveraged by the whole team to optimize marketing acquisition and operations.
Our business is growing rapidly. We genuinely care about our customers and are dedicated to providing them the best possible product and experience at each and every touchpoint. As our Marketing Analyst you will not only help share and refine our metrics, you will help grow our marketing program by applying business insights to expand the top of our funnel. This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to have an impact on the next big thing in financial services.
This opportunity is a good fit if you have enough experience to take our data-driven marketing program to the next level, and if you are articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy. As our Marketing Analyst you will feed actionable insights to the team in order to report and optimize all the data coming in from various sources including SQL databases, Google Analytics, ad platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.), A/B testing, and others. We need your help enhancing our digital marketing strategy and improving performance throughout the lead generation and customer acquisition funnel.
What You’ll do:
- Support Marketing leader in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the digital program
- Manage SEM and PPC channels using ROI and other analysis, hands on.
- Utilize information from multiple internal and external sources to provide data and analytical support for annual business plans and global/regional marketing initiatives
- Provide information and insights regarding customers, customer behavior, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions
- Lead efforts in compiling and validating internal and external marketing data for use in projects for Marketing, PR and Strategic Planning.
- Work with key internal clients on a frequent basis to identify opportunities for analytics of SEO, SEM, Display, Email, PR, WOM, Affiliates, and other channels
- Work closely to manage suppliers and workflow in the data acquisition phase of each project. Set up automated data reporting
- Assists in preparing final project deliverables, including spreadsheets, visualization tools and requirements
- 2+ years of SQL experience and a willingness to learn
- 1-3 years work experience in digital marketing and/or data analysis
- Familiarity with statistical methodologies
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop analytic solutions given our business model
- Willingness to gather and organize "non-standard" or unstructured data
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Extra points for a Statistics and Mathematics background
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Big plus: Experience managing SEM/PPC campaigns
- Plus: Experience in financial services, payments, brokerage
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transportation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and available to work on-site at our Chicago, IL headquarters.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.