Marketing Analytics Analyst at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
In Marketing Analytics, we are striving to be a consultative analytics team that offers analysis, advice, and recommendations that allows our marketing team to make better decisions and achieve better results. While "analytics" means different things to different people, we are moving beyond data, reports, and dashboards to help team members see the increased benefits that comes from focusing on solving complex business issues. More specifically, you will report to the Senior Director of Marketing Analytics and will:
- Learn about the business, help identify improvement opportunities, make recommendations, and help the recommendations turn into results.
- Lead some advanced modeling work that is part of current business operations (e.g., direct mail models), while looking for opportunities to apply techniques in other areas of the business.
- Demonstrate value and affect of analytics using a variety of analytical techniques, ranging from Exploratory Data Analytics and A/B testing to statistical modeling, machine learning, and data science methods.
- Work with diverse partners within the marketing organization and across the entire organization to pursue opportunities for value. Within marketing, this could include assistance of email, digital, direct mail, SEO, and partnership channels. Across the organization, this could include partnerships with Finance, Credit, and Operations.
- Knowing "what" isn't enough, need to find the "why" behind the data.
- Analytical background: Bachelor's Degree in economics, mathematics, business, finance, or related STEM field. Master's Degree helpful.
- SQL experience and some experience with data analytics programming languages (e.g., R, Python, and SAS) required.
- 1-3 years of experience in an Analytical role (Analytics or Data Science related position), with at least 1 year of experience on more advanced analytics or data science work (e.g., A/B or multivariate testing, statistical or predictive modeling, machine learning, etc.)
- Interpret analysis, test results, and model results, and make informed recommendations across all levels of the business.
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].