Marketing Associate, Product and Digital Marketing at Morningstar
Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means building products and solutions that put individuals on the path to better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. Workplace is a high-growth area for Morningstar that houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base comprises retirement plan providers, sponsors, consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission and bringing this mission to life.
In this role you’ll be responsible for overseeing the group’s digital marketing strategy and providing support on more traditional product marketing, as well as working with other team members to build out our overall strategy. Although the primary focus of this position is supporting our digital, product and research initiatives, you will be heavily involved in working with other team members on various marketing strategies and the creative direction of the marketing department. This role will report to the head of Workplace marketing.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategy, including paid search, SEO/SEM, social media campaigns, etc.
- Monitor, test, and optimize bidding strategies across relevant digital and social platforms
- Develop action plans for executing and measuring digital campaigns, including determining key metrics, processes for measurement and optimization.
- Manage and improve product websites
- Contribute to research launches and the development of derivative research assets
- Develop and maintain email marketing calendar across the marketing department.
- Create, execute, and monitor Workplace campaigns in Eloqua
- Partner with corporate marketing teams to help execute and improve our digital strategies
- Collaborate with marketing team in the creation and development of marketing materials, both in support of our products and client needs
- Serve as the Scrum Master for team planning in order to ensure all projects are on target
- Develop a range of product content from educational pieces to one-page sales ideas to longer form papers that support buyer’s journeys across multiple channels
- multiple channels
- Assist our head writer in the development of various editorial materials
- Oversee and manage our quarterly client newsletter
- Oversee participant research and coordinate that research with our design team
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience (email marketing campaigns, paid search, etc.)
- Be a fast learner, self-motivated, dedicated and flexible
- Strong project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Technology and retirement industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience with marketing tools such as Eloqua, Google Analytics, Tableau, and CMS tools (such as Adobe Experience Manager)
- Experience with project management software (JIRA), enterprise webinar platforms, and CRM tools (Salesforce) a plus
- Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment
- Degree in marketing, design, communications, or related field