The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means developing products and solutions that help individuals achieve better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission. We are looking for marketing associate to help develop innovative and cutting-edge engagement and adoption strategies for our managed retirement account solutions. Managed retirement accounts is our flagship online solution that helps individuals achieve better retirement outcomes by helping them create personalized retirement and investment strategies for their workplace retirement accounts.
The Role: In this role, the marketing associate will work with plan providers (recordkeepers), advisory firms, and plan sponsors to drive adoption into our managed service by implementing marketing programs with our clients. These programs leverage a mix of marketing assets, including emails, participant collateral, webinars, and on-site resources. More specifically, the marketing associate will be tasked with working directly with key client partners to shape their engagement strategies, present marketing and participant materials, develop materials, and provide training and onboarding support to advisory firms that are offering our new advisor managed accounts solution. The marketing associate will also collaborate with workplace marketing, design, regional sales directors, relationship managers, product and business partners to develop new and innovative ways to support client marketing efforts and drive adoption into our services. This position requires some travel to client meetings and reports to the head of workplace marketing.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Work with plan providers and recordkeepers to identify areas of growth
• Partner with key client partners to influence internal stakeholders
• Setup and run participant webinars
• Create and execute client marketing programs
• Run reports and develop metrics to measure participant and plan sponsor activities for all clients
• Work alongside marketing manager to provide secondary support to larger, key provider clients
• Support Regional Sales Directors in their interaction with plan participants by providing marketing support, training, campaign development, copyediting, participant meeting scheduling and various administrative tasks.
• Create and execute participant and plan sponsor workshops
• Lead reporting efforts across all clients
• Develop content for PowerPoints, email campaigns, workshops, training materials, etc
Experience we’d like to see:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• 3-5 years of experience in a business-business marketing, business-to-consumer marketing, or client-facing role
• Experience working with clients
• Strong oral and written communication, with superb interpersonal skills
• Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills
• Analytical mindset with the ability to draw conclusions from complex data sets
• Self-starter and passion for learning
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working with Eloqua or a similar marketing automation tool is a plus
• An interest in the retirement industry. Experience in the financial industry is a plus
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.