Marketing Automation Manager at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Key to our success is our ability to engage with prospects and clients through the buyer’s journey, crafting sophisticated integrated marketing campaigns that leverage our marketing automation and CRM platforms and deliver content to buyers where they want it, when they want it. In order to deliver operational excellence for marketing automation, we are seeking a Marketing Automation Manager to manage all aspects of campaign workflow within our instance of Eloqua.
The Role: As the Marketing Automation Manager, you will be responsible for designing and building campaigns that deliver the right content to the right prospects based on the buyer journeys and messaging maps created by our Product and Digital Marketing teams. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations.
- Performs all technical tasks to build integrated campaigns utilizing our marketing technology stack, including building emails, developing workflow rules, and building forms and landing pages.
- Works closely with Product and Digital Marketing teams to map appropriate content, assets, and promotions needed by channel to engage specific audiences based on Morningstar's target profiles.
- Creates segments for marketing campaigns based on criteria defined by our buyer personas.
- Promotes data integrity best practices for maintaining a healthy contact database.
- Works with marketing analysts to review campaign metrics and provides regular updates on performance to broader marketing team.
- Develops an understanding of the full customer lifecycle and sales process and how marketing contributes to it, and frequently works with sales to promote accurate lifecycle process.
- Documents and communicates best practices for integrated marketing programs across the organization, including recommendations on where improvements can be made.
- Functions as gatekeeper for campaign scheduling.
- 5+ years of hands-on marketing automation experience, ideally in a multi-product firm. Eloqua certification preferred but equivalent experience with a similar platform will be given equal consideration.
- Proven ability to translate content-marketing requirements into well-designed campaign schemas.
- Skilled in problem solving and project management. Experience with agile planning a plus.
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to driving operational excellence.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
- Skilled in A/B testing.
- Meticulous attention to detail, process-improvement mindset.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.