Marketing + Business Development Intern
SimplyBe. is a personal branding agency. We work with people, not products. Our clients include established executives, entrepreneurs, and leaders across all industries looking to establish thought leadership and leave a legacy. As a result of building identity, voice, and strategy, our clients become their own media channels.
We are looking for a dynamic strategy and business development intern to join us for a 3-month apprenticeship or internship beginning in September. You will have the exciting opportunity to grow SimplyBe. by being responsible for supporting client projects, company initiatives and other work led by Jessica Zweig, CEO and Founder, and the SimplyBe. Agency team.
This includes but is not limited to creating blog and social media content and campaigns, managing social media accounts, researching and preparing for meetings and projects, initiating new ventures and taking on general tasks and supportive assignments as needed for both Jessica, the SimplyBe. brand and SimplyBe. clients.
SimplyBe.’s Intern or Apprentice should be energetic, proactive, curious and able to work cross-functionally with the team. Our ideal candidate has strong communication and writing skills, an advanced understanding of all social media platforms, an interest for marketing, advertising and/or branding, proven organizational skills, a basic analytical understanding of social media metrics and leadership capabilities.
Our office is located in the heart of hip Wicker Park, 5-minute walk from the Blue Line and a 15-minute walk from the Metra. We are a fun, fast paced, down-to-earth and passionate office full of creatives who care deeply about our work, and each other.
Social Media + Content
- Create and schedule content inside of Hootsuite account for various client accounts & SBA account, if requested
- Assist in the identification of original branded images using Unsplashed.com
- Reach out to influencers and partners to curate social media campaigns on behalf of clients
- Engage on behalf of client’s social accounts to enhance online presence and foster growth
- Support content development (writing) for client projects as needed: Facebook Live outlines, marketing newsletters, etc.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for SBA or clients based on objectives and if requested
Research, Presentations + Outreach
- Support research, analysis and strategic development of client decks
- Present and participate in client meetings
- Conduct research and outreach (i.e., bloggers, brands, strategic collaborators and new business) on behalf of clients
- Maximize the team’s time by reading, researching and prepping her for client meetings, as well as current projects and new opportunities
- Assist editorial director in ghostwriting key content for client accounts
- Work alongside the business at large to craft key message points for the brand
- Support the editorial calendars (dashboard updates, etc) if requested
Disclaimer: Responsibilities may be adjusted based on business needs
If this sounds exciting to you, please email a cover letter, two writing samples and your resume to Aleksa Narbutaitis, at [email protected]. Position begins in September. This is a paid internship.