Marketing Business Development Manager at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
What's the Role?
Our Business Development Manager is responsible for growing our VPs business. The goal is to convert prospects into active referral partners. The next being continuing to strengthen the relationship with existing referrals. Marketing, Events and B2B experience is crucial to the success of a BDM as they are responsible for building the VP’s database. We are looking for someone with an outside the box way of thinking who can execute marketing efforts, coordinate events and attend Real Estate open houses.
- Idea generation and execution to optimize Guaranteed Rate’s relationship and partnership with the realtor community and working with our Events/Marketing Departments.
- Distinguish best referral partners (A), average (B), and potential partners (C)
- Collaborate with VPs in order to grow their business partners through prospecting, farming, and follow up activities.
- Invite referral sources to networking events via email, phone calls, and printed invites.
- Create monthly events in collaboration with our Events/Marketing team.
- Responsible to help VPs add value and growth to annual sales volume.
- 2-5 years of marketing, events or B2B sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills over the phone.
- Experience in outside sales is a plus.
- Must be able to create trust between realtors and loan officers.
- Strong writing skills
- Must be comfortable in an outside sales environment
- Technical acumen a plus
- Proactive/desire to learn
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.