Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Manager will work to execute the marketing strategy of SDI’s larger 5-year growth strategy. A successful Marketing Communications Manager must be comfortable directing outside marketing agencies, as well as demonstrate expertise at designing, authoring, and producing in-house marketing collateral and online presence. This person should work well under pressure and according to deadlines. This position must turn around turnkey marketing material – starting from the initial client/internal interviews through collateral design, copywriting to final production and distribution – including sales material and social media posts, as well as case studies and whitepapers. The Marketing Communications Manager must be able to work as a team but also manage your own time, schedule, and workflows.
- Maintain and promulgate SDI corporate standards across the firm and acquired organizations.
- Design, author, proof and publish/distribute presentations and marketing collateral using PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word
- Manage, drive content, and provide ongoing analysis of SDI online presence, including website (WordPress), SEO (Google Analytics), and online advertising (AdWords, LinkedIn)
- Proactively manage social media channels to maintain multiple profiles to increase brand awareness, link readers with valuable content, recruit potential employees, and generate sales leads. (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Hootsuite)
- Manage SDI marketing-communications calendar across target geographies and industries, including final event/association selection and associated marketing activities.
- Manage preparation, participation, and coordination of staff attendance at vendor conferences and tradeshow exhibits
- Plan, produce, and manage email marketing campaigns and associated lists
- Manage and actively write, co-produce, provide direction SDI video assets – for external and internal to SDI audiences
- Author, distribute, and place/pitch SDI press releases (using PRNewswire, PRWeb)
- Maintain SDI Sales Library: up-to-date sales collateral, resumes, project case studies, corporate stationery, video library
- Coordinate media buy programs
- Miscellaneous industry research
- 5+ years of general marketing, professional writing, and online management experience
- Office time is mandatory when needed during proposal production
- Must be flexible and able to work on short notice when needed
- Understanding of technology with a focus on cloud, networking, ITSM
- Excellent Writing/Proofreading skills
- Autonomous, self-directed work capacity
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Photoshop Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign, Final Cut Pro desirable.
- Well-versed in social media use in marketing, and associated toolset
- Very dependable with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work with all levels of staff, flexible, and able to multitask
- Must be able to work under pressure within tight deadlines and with little to no supervision
- Must be very detail-oriented with knowledge of marketing fundamentals
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.