Echo Global Logistics, a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services, is seeking an experienced Marketing Copywriter to join our Marketing department at our Chicago headquarters.
The Marketing Copywriter will collaborate with Marketing team members and employees of other departments, such as Sales, to create a variety of written materials. These materials include sales collateral, blog articles, email campaigns, digital and print advertisements, advertorials, website copy, and internal communications. Content will be targeted mainly towards clients, which are fellow businesses, but some content is developed for our carrier partners.
- Write clear, concise content consistent with Echo’s branded voice
- Write both short-form and long-form copy, including email campaigns, digital and print advertisements, website copy, sales collateral, and blog articles
- Interview sales, operations, members of branch offices, and executives to support blog articles, sales collateral, advertorials, etc.
- Conduct thorough, high-quality research to supplement knowledge gathered from subject matter experts
- Simplify complicated topics into communications anyone could understand
- Collaborate and brainstorm with Marketing team members on a variety of projects
- Edit and proofread Marketing materials
- Edit PR-related materials such as press releases and award applications
- Regularly update the News section of echo.com
- 2+ years of experience in a copywriting role
- Industry experience is desired but not required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Be able to write for different audiences while still being consistent with Echo’s voice
- Strong research skills
- Passionate about writing
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to effectively manage time and project deadlines
- Experience with SEO preferred
- Software experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word)
- Bachelor’s degree (in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.