Marketing Data Analyst at Brad's Deals
People are at the core of Brad’s Deals. We think happy people make the coolest websites, so we do our best to make Brad’s Deals office a happy place. We are committed to helping consumers get the upper hand by putting them on the right side of every bargain. In this role you will be at the core of our business: leveraging meaningful data in order to understand trends in our business and drive opportunities.
We are seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to extract and present meaningful data to understand trends within our marketing campaigns and drive opportunities to enhance and scale our marketing goals. The right person will have a proven history of proactively addressing unasked questions through data and presenting actionable steps to achieve goals. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with Marketing and Finance stakeholders to increase growth and develop new marketing opportunities, provide recommendations in customer segmentation, marketing spend efficiency, customer behavior mining and buyer insights. The right person loves "living" in the data and always uses it to back up their point of view but can also think creatively and hypothesize when the data isn’t there.
· Intellectually curious and possess strong analytical skills
· Experienced & have a proven history of proactively addressing unasked questions through data
· Comfortable leading complex analytical initiatives
· Detailed-oriented and results-driven
· Strategic & critical thinking – you get the smaller and the bigger picture
· A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude ("no" isn't in your vocabulary!)
· Perform deep dive analyses using data analytics to draw actionable and meaningful marketing insights from large datasets
· Perform variety of analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis, bidding analysis, attribution analysis, A/B testing data analytics etc.
· Apply segmentation and targeting to increase the relevance of marketing in order to increase engagement and reduce churn
· Perform analyses related to customer behavior; explain trends in data using tools provided by web analytics products, and build/maintain daily and weekly marketing dashboards to facilitate constant measurement and understanding of key business and marketing metrics
· Perform ongoing monitoring, reporting, and post-campaign analysis and use that analysis to form recommendations for new campaigns and strategies and effectively communicate findings
· Develop Audience Segmentation strategies within campaign execution using historical data and customer behavior’s / characteristic’s to meet strategic campaign goals and objectives
· Understand end-to-end Marketing processes, including campaign creation (email/web/social), lead generation, retention and activation including, email funnel such as open rate, click through rate, deliverability etc.
At a minimum, you have...
· BS/BA in a quantitative or analytical field
· 3+ years of work experience with marketing analytics or business intelligence or other data analytics role
· Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, or Postgres)
· Proficiency in Excel to support extraction, manipulation, analysis and visualization of large data sets
o Using a scripting language (e.g., python, VBA) to automate data extraction a plus
· Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
· Quick learning skills – ability to learn new technologies and business matters
An entrepreneurial spirit guides everything we do, making it possible for each employee to make a big impact. From our awarded Women’s Tech Accelerator, which opens our office and resources to women-run businesses, to being named one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, we work hard and play hard. Along with a fun and comfortable environment, we are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at work and offers competitive pay and full benefits including health, 401k, FSA, transportation pre-tax benefit, and many more perks.
Join in our purpose to empower consumers to save money and live their best life. Since 2001, Brad’s Deals has been researching and handpicking the best deals every day. From where to buy and when to buy, our goal is to provide shoppers with exclusive savings and a quick and easy consumer resource. Partnering with over 2,500 top retailers including Target and Amazon, we’re able to reach more than 50 million consumers a year.
If you’re looking for more than just a job, and you feel we’re your type of people, let’s talk.