We're building a world class team with the aim of providing polished, professional, technical support of an emerging company and product. Ocient is looking for ultimate team players who are dedicated to improving our product and customer experience with every interaction. The Ocient team consists of highly technical engineers and understanding the end to end development, sales, and delivery cycle is key to adding unique value to the organization. The Marketing Director will be responsible for building our marketing strategies, developing our company image, and building out our Marketing team. Responsibilities will include all marketing activities from brainstorming ideas to implementation of large-scale plans. This new team memberThe Marketing Director will identify opportunities, build plans and budgets, grow and mentor the marketing team, and collaborate with sales, product, and other Ocient teams.
- Player / coach. Hands-on implementation of marketing efforts while also building a team.
- Effectively communicate Ocient’s product and technical capabilities along with our competitive position to the decision makers and experts to design, develop and manage the largest and most complex databases and data analysis systems in the world.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales.
- Lead, develop and launch a marketing strategy for new and existing products and services.
- Account based marketing strategy on focused Ocient’s sales targets.
- Collateral creation and management of Ocient’s editorial calendar.
- Evolve and develop global brand guidelines for Ocient’s brand identity in line with our company values.
- Manage Ocient’s trademarks and copyrighted content.
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Negotiate with media agencies and secure agreements on the production of promotional materials.
- Refresh Ocient’s Digital Presence: refresh website through coordination with cross-functional team, Ocient’s social media strategy, issue multiple press releases, blogs from SME’s at Ocient, conduct webinars, analyst relationships, decide on the tradeshows / conferences for Ocient to attend.
- Work with sales to develop customer references for Ocient including case study, video testimonials, press release and joint white papers.
- 7– 10+ years of experience leading a successful corporate marketing function. (preferably within the the areas of data warehouses, relational databases, data analytics and/or Big Data)
- Ability to write and edit complex and detailed technical information such as performance and capabilities benchmarks that establishes thought leadership of Ocient in written materials to among customers, analysts and industry experts and experts in database and data analysis technology categories.
- Has the ability to do a lot with small teams and has worked in fast growth companies
- MBA or BS in engineering, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions within and outside of the organization.
- Experience in developing executive and corporate communication programs including media and crisis communication.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, Marketo, Hubspot, Pardo, SFDC, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and strategic thinking skills.