Marketing Director at SPINS LLC
SPINS, a Chicago-based company, is seeking to add a Marketing Director to its growing team.
SPINS is a industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, where our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
Our perfect candidate will have solid experience in B2B marketing and is passionate about using marketing to drive sales and build businesses.
We are looking for the Marketing Director to be an integral member of the Sales and Marketing team, supporting all lines of business, developing marketing strategies across all customer segments and marketing channels, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company’s brand.
Responsibilities for this role include developing targeted marketing initiatives to increase company exposure, advance our reputation, position the company for new business pursuits, and enforce consistency and brand standards.
The right person for this role is a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in both a development and execution capacity. They have a mix of demonstrated experience in marketing strategy, content development, campaign development and execution, customer insight development, and brand management.
This role is a highly visible position that reports to the Vice President of Marketing with regular interaction with senior management.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and drive the end-to-end management of targeted vertical-specific omnichannel marketing programs.
- Develop insights into the customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors in each vertical and how well these needs are currently being met in the marketplace through SPINS vs. the competition.
- Conceive, develop, and refine compelling content in all media. Focus on articulating key industry challenges and business problems, best practices and differentiated value propositions to escalate interest among customers and prospects.
- Participates in strategic planning and collaborates with the sales organization in prospecting and customer growth initiatives.
- Develop customer-targeted sales/marketing content (website, presentations, collateral, etc.) with strong value messaging and storytelling.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the marketing department, track marketing lead development, and analyze campaign performance and ROI.
- Support the VP of Marketing in special projects and marketing initiatives as needed.
- Manage and guide junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Advertising required. MBA or MSIMC a plus.
- Candidate should possess 7+ years of marketing experience with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role leading teams in the creation and management of marketing campaigns. Agency experience and experience in direct marketing and direct mail in particular is a plus.
- Experience executing marketing automation best practices and strategies, particularly using Hubspot.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to understand and translate overall business objectives into measurable goals and strategies, and successfully execute on strategy, on time and on budget.
- Strong writing and communication skills are a must.
- Seasoned in generating alignment with leadership teams, collaborating well with senior executives and sales leadership to generate total alignment and outstanding results.
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.