Marketing Director at Clique Studios
We are searching for a marketing leader to lead an interdisciplinary team of writers and strategists working to support the business growth of our clients — and of Clique itself.
As a strategic doer, you will be an outward personification of our third value: “make somebody’s job easier,” and invest in our philosophy of purposeful growth. At Clique, we work quickly but ultimately believe in long-term, sustainable growth strategies, both for ourselves and our clients; we are truly ambitious in our work, but don’t ask you to chase growth for growth’s sake.
We want to grow by genuinely helping people get better at their jobs, unlock their potential, and create amazing digital experiences together. We want you to have deep knowledge of writing and growth tactics, and then knock down barriers, putting them into use quickly to achieve results — all without doing what they call “growth hacking” these days. The ideal candidate will know the difference.
This role will support three smaller teams, and have some experience in all three areas: content strategy, SEO, and paid search management. An ideal candidate loves digital but could come from a diverse background of experience including marketing, strategy, content, or other applicable experience.
In this role you will:
- Practice servant leadership of 7 incredibly talented writers and strategists, supporting their career goals through 1:1s, reviews, resourcing and project planning -- while growing the team.
- Support a portfolio of marketing clients, driving relationship success, retention, revenue growth, and NPS scores — including direct account support.
- Devise and drive OKRs for Clique internal work as well as all clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams (design, engineering, project management).
- Make connections with those in industry and grow Clique’s brand and reputation (ex. Interviewing leaders for blog content, grabbing coffee, attending events, etc.).
- 50% Clique client support and growth with team
- 30% Clique internal marketing growth with team
- 20% entrepreneurial initiatives as you see fit
- 2+ years of management and/or leadership experience
- Strong written communication and relationship building skills; writing experience and background a major plus
- You are a positive, inspirational, drop-everything-to-help teammate
- Dive head-first into management as a trade like any other
- Protective and supportive of Clique’s unique brand and reputation
- Constant learner who puts ideas into action
- Familiarity with the digital industry
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work
Goals & Objectives:
- Grow Clique’s clients
- Grow Clique and our people in purposeful, brand-aligned ways
- Help Clique be an upstanding community member and premier educator in the marketing, design and technology space
- Help build Clique’s local and national reputation
- Driven by team-sourced and supported values: Build Something, Be a Student and a Teacher, and Make Somebody's Job Easier. Learn more here: https://cliquestudios.com/implementing-our-three-values/
- Commitment to inclusion. Read more at http://cliquestudios.com/inclusion
- Commitment to accessibility. Read more at https://cliquestudios.com/accessibility-statement/
- Flexible and adaptive national environment. Read more at https://cliquestudios.com/studios-where-the-next-decade-of-our-work-will-be-done/
- Named a “Best and Brightest Place to Work”
Career and Personal Growth
- Proactive review every 6 months and regular 1:1’s to check-in on performance goals, alignment with values and your current level of engagement with your work
- External education stipend and paid time off for conferences or volunteering
- Regular access to internal educational, training, and mentoring opportunities
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 14 days PTO (21 days after 3 years) + 6 sick days + 11 holidays + Work from home 1 day a week
- In Chicago, ability to work at secondary office space (TechNexus) anytime (pending any changes to TechNexus membership), or any of our other studios (currently Austin and Denver)
- Paid parental & medical leave policies + company-paid short-term disability
- Ability to request to go remote after one year
- 401k after one year. Company match of $1 for $1 up to the first 3% of your salary, then $.5 per dollar for up to 5%.
- Employee assistance program (EAP), including confidential third-party 24/7 toll-free phone/chat support, covered 100% by company
Clique Studios is a 50-strong digital design agency with studios in Chicago, Denver, and Austin. Our interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, marketers and strategists is dedicated to doing the best work of our lives with leading organizations like Northwestern University, Lincoln Park Zoo, Red Rocks, and more.