Marketing Manager, Professional Services
Marketing Manager, Professional Services
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
You: are passionate about marketing. Your attention to detail and enthusiasm never rest. You find working with company leaders to develop content and build a bigger brand in the market exhilarating. You recognize that a good idea and great marketing are a perfect match.
We: are a highly motivated, fast-paced team amid a rapidly growing firm of business and technology thought-leaders. We need a true marketing enthusiast who can drive brand engagement, partner with our leaders to grow customer relationships, and uncover innovative marketing programs.
Together: we will grow the brand and reputation of our firm and our people. We will increase our influence in the market, and with our clients and prospects.
West Monroe Partners is looking for a marketing manager to lead all market-facing initiatives for our mergers & acquisitions practice. As part of our Shared Services function, this position will work closely with members of the marketing, business development and leadership team as well as the M&A practice to produce high end thought leadership, including high-end white papers and articles, speaking events, case studies and videos. This role will influence and execute our go to market strategies by managing day-to-day activities associated with content creation, event management and logistics for tradeshows and conferences as well as internally hosted client events, and creating sales presentations that highlight our differentiators and tell our story. We are looking for someone that brings passion and new ideas to the table, understands the value of ROI and how to measure the impact of marketing, and is a strategic business partner willing to work across all levels to achieve goals.
* Conduct M&A market research and competitor analysis to help inform practice strategy
* Design our M&A go to market strategy across all M&A target audiences (including, but not limited to Strategic Buyers, Private Equity firms, and Portfolio Companies)
* Research, evaluate, and build business cases around new marketing opportunities
* Manage marketing execution for the firm’s M&A practice, including thought leadership, events and tradeshows, business development support and marketing campaigns
* Manage content creation across all categories – blogs, white papers, case studies, videos, etc. including writing content on behalf of our leaders
* Interest and availability to attend M&A related events
* Oversee key alliance relationships, working closely with marketing counterparts at those organizations
* Assist with internal and external marketing communications, including alliance communications
* Partner with leadership to execute pre- and post-event outreach for events and develop targeted campaigns
* Measure, analyze and report on ROI across marketing campaigns and initiatives
* Manage ongoing M&A marketing budget
* Lead client nurturing campaigns to stay top of mind at existing M&A clients
* Partner with M&A leadership on marketing M&A assets through innovative marketing techniques and programs
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing/Advertising (or related field of study) required
* 10 years of integrated B2B marketing experience, preferably specific to M&A, private equity or a professional services environment
* Strong writing and editing skills as well as verbal communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Software
* Experience working under tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment
* Ability to manage projects from conception through completion
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Very organized and ability to manage time, relationships, schedule multiple meetings, and stay on top of multiple communications
* Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems and attention to detail are key
* Client-facing experience a plus
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.