Marketing Manager- Promotions & Email at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a high horse-power customer-centric marketer to join our Marketing team and lead the end-to-end operations for our Emails, Push Notifications & Promotions campaigns, and deliver strong results for our business. This role will partner closely with multiple stakeholders at M1 Finance to plan, optimize and execute all our customer promotions. This role will also be responsible for building engaging Emails & Push Notifications, establish best practices, and own end-to-end operations. This role will also work closely with our MarTech lead and vendors to drive automation and personalization of campaigns at scale.
What You'll do
- Lead and manage M1’s Promotions strategy - owning annual/quarterly plans, KPIs and working cross-functionally to execute promotions campaigns to achieve key KPIs
- Lead and manage the Email & Push Notifications Channels – overseeing end-to-end strategy & operations, establishing best practices and executing campaigns to meet OKRs and KPIs
- Own execution of Emails, Push Notifications, Journeys and Promotional Campaigns via Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Establish best practices, and own the optimization & personalization roadmap for Promotions, Email & Push Notifications - covering project briefs, testing & targeting plans, messaging plans, and post-campaign reporting – while ensuring clear and timely communication with stakeholders
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing Planning lead to plan the marketing calendar – owning the email, push and promotions sections
- Partner with Growth & Lifecycle Marketing to implement customer journeys
- Partner closely with MarTech & Product leads to drive automation & personalization at scale - becoming an expert in our marketing automation and platform tools that allow us to test and deploy new experiences rapidly
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify key touchpoints and opportunities to identify target segments and develop impactful experiences for our customers
- 4-7 years of experience in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or email marketing in a high-performing team and company or agency with aggressive growth goals
- Strong experience in planning and executing promotional campaigns, driving personalization and testing at scale
- Proven expertise in using ESPs or similar marketing automation technology (extra points for Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience)
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen
- An analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus
- Takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive and opportunity in challenges
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym