Marketing Manager at Halo Investing
About the Company
Halo Investing, located in downtown Chicago, is a well-funded, financial technology startup who is the first and only independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for Issuing banks. We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, and we're hiring!
Halo is looking for a Marketing Manager with a Lead Generation focus to help create content, drive sales lead generation programs, manage the social media presence and measure success of each program, for our internal sales function. We are looking to recruit and retain highly motivated professionals who can keep pace with current growth and be valuable contributors to Halo’s success. This position must have at least 3-5 years’ experience marketing in the financial services, wholesaler markets. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to generate content that makes complex subjects easy to understand, structure proper email campaigns that drive interest, and provide critical direction when necessary.
We believe a Market Professional will have a greater chance of success at Halo if they exhibit the following qualities (in no particular order):
- An entrepreneurial work ethic – you don’t not need big company name behind you to be successful; you have an ability to work in an unstructured environment, and pick up things quickly, etc.
- Work closely with the founders and the sales team to generate relevant content ideas on a timely basis.
- Set and manage goals for each campaign, including forecasts and sales funnel activities.
- Provide valuable feedback using the sales management tools in place to enhance performance and demonstrate areas of improvement to optimize results.
- Build relevant content and a lead generation “machine.”
- Content: Work closely with the Founders and Sales Team to generate ideas for content that will excite potential clients to learn more about the Halo Platform and cause those interested to transact on the platform (Buyer’s Journey).
- Programs: Use the sales tools in place to derive a data driven approach to build lead generation programs that turn top of the funnel names into active sales prospects.
- Social Media. Use the content and lead generation programs to manage and promote the firm’s social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter, with the ability to measure the performance of these activities.
- Sales Team Training: Work closely with each member of the sales team to help them understand the purpose and use of each content piece and marketing program.
- Reporting: Create and regularly produce reports for the company that explains the progress of each programs and effect on the sales funnel. Use data to show how the results have been or can be improved.
- Working closely with management on ideation, creation, and content piece generation.
- Work on other marketing activities to support the business including but not limited to Press Releases, trade show support, and website content.
- Stay on top of changing ways to address and motivate prospective buyers in our industry.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels within and outside an organization through marketing messages required.
- Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or similar.
- 3-5 years of Marketing and Lead Generation experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully marketing complex financial assets and lead generation programs for a financial wholesaler or brokerage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Superior writing skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic regarding the challenges of an early stage firm and dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with sales tools such as SalesForce, InsideSales, and Pardot a plus.
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, and transit benefits.