Marketing Manager at KAR Global
KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 700 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 18,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, financi al institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated the sale of more than 5.95 million units valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work independently to assist in the development and execution of national marketing initiatives that support our Data as a Service offerings including Autoniq, DRIVIN and instaVIN to retain existing business, gain new business, increase efficiencies and maximize marketing investment.
The Marketing Manager works effectively with team members, manages multiple projects/timelines, is a strong writer with executive presence and proficiency in a wide variety of marketing strategies and tactics. Marketing automation experience is required, with a very strong preference for candidates with Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification.
This position works directly with sales, marketing and operations staff to ensure the companies compete in the industry by championing the deployment of these initiatives into the business operations. This position is based out of our office in Chicago and will represent the brands at local industry trade and networking events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with business-segment leaders to determine market challenges and priorities for implementation and focus.
- Analyze and report industry market dynamics, economic conditions, competitor movements and customer trends. Use this understanding to advise and assist in development and implementation of marketing programs that enhance customer value and help the companies meet business objectives.
- Direct the planning, building, testing, execution and reporting of multi-channel marketing campaigns, with heavy reliance on digital marketing strategies and a strong understanding of basic interactive design principles and best practices for digital marketing and large-scale email communications.
- Seek and leverage feedback from customers—through product usage analytics, events, meetings or published sources—to better understand their needs and advocate development of integrated business strategies that build stronger customer loyalty. Demonstrate Google Analytics expertise by monitoring and reporting site usage patterns and developing strategies and tactics to improve them
- Know and utilize project-management process, ensuring that corporate identity strategies and systems are applied, to create, produce and implement multi-channel campaigns as needed.
- Manage the companies’ marketing automation platform, relationship with external service providers and campaign rollouts to ensure that each promotion is implemented accurately and within brand guidelines. Track marketing campaigns effectiveness and report findings to stakeholders.
- Must know, practice and ensure that company policies, state and federal laws are always followed and ensure that no company, employee or customer information is divulged to unauthorized parties.
- Coordinate and manage national and regional convention/event logistics including staff scheduling/briefing, shipping and tracking of exhibit booths, secure rentals, compile exhibit paperwork, preparation of registration packets, name badges, ground transportation arrangements, registration and housing processes, conduct online research and procure promotional items. On site management of venues, as needed. Complete post-event tasks to include reconciliation of expenses, administering evaluations and report on venue results and ROI.
- Track competitive activity - manage/maintain competitor profiles. Advise management regularly of changes in competitor activities.
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related discipline is required.
- Three (3) years of marketing or advertising experience is preferred.
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Position requires a working knowledge of efficient filing systems, office machines and equipment.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, is essential.
- Outstanding time management, communication, organizational, and customer service skills are also required.
- Must be very detailed, creative, innovative, results oriented, and a team player.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment is essential.
- The travel requirements of the position are minimal – approximately 5 – 10% as needed. Transportation modes include but are not limited to car, plane or railway.