Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager at Upside (Chicago, IL)
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. You’ll join a Team whose experience hails from places such as Google, Uber, Amazon, Instacart, Capital One, and MasterCard with proven startup executives and venture capitalists.
Upside was named #2 on Deloitte's 2021 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding was raised in March 2022 and led by General Catalyst at a $1.5 billion valuation. Other investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
About the Job:
The goal of this Marketing Operations Manager role is to optimize every touchpoint across the merchant’s journey from lead generation to signed contract. You’ll own the analytics that enables our merchant marketing efforts to be as effective as possible, including robust tracking and reporting, data reliability, and funnel optimization. This is a hands-on role that will encompass both strategic decision-making and tactical execution and will require a blend of business ownership, marketing and operations savvy, and data analysis. Your efforts will impact business outcomes in a measurable way by significantly growing and retaining merchants across our fuel, restaurant, and grocery verticals today (with more to come in the future)!
What you’ll do:
- Construct multi-touch attribution models that empower marketing and executive leadership to optimize spend, allocate resources, and determine ideal strategies.
- Lead inter-channel comparative analysis to identify and recommend where and how to deploy marketing resources.
- Partner with our sales operations team to continuously refine our marketing system ecosystem to increase automation and enable more potent and accurate analytics.
- Analyze data more broadly to develop insights and recommendations for improving the marketing and sales funnel and conversions.
- Collaborate with our marketing operations team and system administrators to elevate and improve existing infrastructure and instances, including establishing scalable processes around the measurement of marketing effort effectiveness (e.g., digital ads, field marketing events, email campaigns, etc.).
- Maintain data accuracy and reliability, including data cleaning, lead scoring, and integration troubleshooting.
What you need:
- 5+ years of B2B tech, SaaS, or PaaS experience with an understanding of common marketing channels (i.e., what they are, how they behave, and how to optimize them with the right technology stack).
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of funnel metrics paired with the ability to derive insights via SQL and other analytical tools
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tooling (bonus points for Looker expertise)
- Conceptual knowledge of marketing automation systems (HubSpot, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The fine print:
- Location: This is a hybrid role, working out of our DC, Austin, Chicago, or New York location. Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work from our Upside offices.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!#LI-MJ1