Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
Zoro is looking for a passionate, driven individual to join the high energy, hyper-growth Zoro organization as a Marketing Operations Lead
Marketing Operations & Technology is a newly formed function at Zoro that has been put in place to help us drive improvement in the operational processes and technology that form the backbone of our marketing department.
The Marketing Operations Lead position will be an individual contributor role reporting to a Sr. Manager of Marketing Operations. This position will work closely with a variety of intra-department stakeholders (e.g. Paid Search, Affiliate, Marketplace, Social teams) as well as partner groups in our Technology organization such as Data Engineering and DevSecOps.
The responsibilities and duties of this role are anticipated to be diverse and dynamic. A variety of different skills and backgrounds could lead to success. If you have a background in business analysis, project management, process management, continuous improvement, and/or automation you are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership for a variety of operational processes that support marketing objectives e.g. list pulling, promotional pricing execution, offer code setup, landing page setup, etc.
- Ensure processes are standardized, documented, and adhered to ensuring repeatable, high-quality outcomes for the department
- Drive operational efficiencies, cost savings, and labor savings through continuous improvement and automation of manual work
- Ensure the uptime and reliability of the data feeds that power our advertising and marketing automation platforms
- Ensure consistent and reliable access to reporting data for marketing team members as your internal customer
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Marketing / IT / Marketing Operations preferably at large distribution / retail companies with some degree of technical expertise
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite, especially Jira and Confluence software, or other enterprise-level delivery and workflow software
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform and Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Candidate must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Office or Gsuite)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred.
- If remote, may require travel to Chicago 1-2 times per year
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.