Marketing Segment Manager, Zoro at Zoro
Title: eCommerce Segment Manager
Reports to: Director, Industry Mkting
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Manage development and implementation of the go-to-market strategy for assigned customer segment(s). Acts as in house expert and advocate for assigned customer segment(s) and for the Industry Marketing Team
Duties and Responsibilities:
Voice of the Customer Segment
- Understands the key drivers, and needs of assigned customer segment(s).
- Defines requirements for the segment. Is an in-house expert on the segment.
- Educates business partners on segment dynamics freely and often.
- Provides and presents a monthly analysis of Segment Business Performance to identify potential changes to strategy or tactics
- Regularly analyzes, interprets and applies industry, market, customer and competitive data to create effective business propositions and plans.
- Regularly analyzes and interprets research, trends, and program results to fine-tune overall market strategy and plans.
- Identifies participation in key industry associations
Go-To-Market Strategy and Implementation
- Participates in creating strategic segment strategy framework and "state of the business" assessments
- Leading member of a cross-functional team in the development of a comprehensive, integrated go-to-market strategy for segment(s) including segment destination, target market definition, key message definition, metrics, customer service, budgeting, analysis and identification of best practices.
- Analyzes and evaluates marketing program results and adjusts to reflect learnings using available tools.
- Forecasts future trends and opportunities. Develops strategies for emerging markets, product and service opportunities, and other future plans and approaches to ensure the growth of the segment(s). Identifies potential new sub-segments.
- Ensures linkage with key cross-functional team members to ensure the successful implementation of segment marketing programs and support of those teams that are required to implement marketing programs.
- Collaborates with others.
- Managing the go-to-market strategy and program implementation for the assigned segment(s)
- Drive revenue and share growth for the assigned segment(s)
- Determine future opportunities for revenue growth
- Provide actionable insight to key business partners across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an industry-leading B2C or B2B company. Knowledge of assigned Segment a plus.
- Strong demonstrated acumen in Marketing as a generalist. Passionate about the Customer. Familiarity with research projects and direct marketing a plus.
- Proven track record of converting strategic thoughts into actions that drive business results.
- Ability to develop and communicate customer insight findings and recommendations, creating actionable strategies for marketing and partner functions.
- Experience in cultivating relationships with key stakeholders across functions and levels to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels and senior leaders in a collaborative manner.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.