Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Marketing Specialist will be a generalist role, will sit in the Americas team, and will work across multiple channels (digital, content, social, etc) and support our International Marketing efforts. This role is responsible for supporting the business to implement marketing campaigns and programs with the goal of increasing acceptance and cross-border volume while driving awareness of the Discover Global Network (Discover, Diners Club and Network Alliance cards). You will act as key marketing contact for a number of Acquiring, Net-to-Net and Franchise partners within the Americas region.
Develops wide variety of content marketing assets to be distributed across new and existing digital channels (owned and paid). This position works across multiple lines of business, helping to identify story line ideas that ladder up to overall company business priorities, that position company executives as thought leaders in the payments space, and promote new and existing products. Responsible for partnering internal and/or external business partners to implement strategies for growth. The role will support shared business goals by assisting in the development of the value proposition as well as the delivery of sales enablement materials and/or programs, which could include (but not limited to) brochures, presentations, signage, sales incentives, videos, events, digital marketing, and social media. In addition to the creation of collateral, this individual may be called to assist in the sell-in, presentation, and pitch of programs, etc. Responsible for leveraging shared assets, collateral, programs, resources, communications, etc. to help drive efficiency across Global Marketing.
· Assists in the development of marketing communications, collateral, and training, and executes the distribution to internal and external target audiences. Informs and develops content calendar (inclusive of online articles, social and web copy, as well as multimedia assets), based on knowledge of established business objectives, key initiatives and goals. Directs agency on delivering assets (articles, digital copy) that align with business objectives, incorporating messaging and marketing strategy requirements.
· Partners with key internal and/or external business partners and support shared business objectives
· Ensures editorial and factual accuracy of all content outputs, and manage approvals process before publishing on external-facing channels. Stays up-to-date on key business and industry trends and news to ensure content is informed by the latest developments in these areas.
· Assists manager in the development of value proposition, segmentation strategy, and performance metrics.
· Acts as the liaison with Analytics or equivalent to properly track, measure, and analyze campaign or program performance
· Assists with the creation of post campaign or program performance and results summary
· Ability to work with colleagues and partners in various time-zones; travel as needed (Approx. 25%)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Business, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related field
· 2+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Customer Service, or related field
· In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Customer Service, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· 4+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Customer Service, or related field
· Fluency and ability to conduct business in Spanish
· Understanding of Omni-channel payments value chain and concepts
· Working knowledge of E-commerce, Digital, Enablers and emerging technologies.
· Independent/can-do attitude
· Experience in international business and strong understanding of doing business with diverse cultures
· Ability to deliver clear communications to internal and external business partners/key stakeholders
· Strong client focus, relationship-building skills, and stakeholder management
· Project management, analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Confident in managing multiple business/time critical marketing projects and deadlines
· Solid presentation and communication skills to partners, including ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional teams
· High Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.