Marketing Specialist, Data Analytics at VelocityEHS
The Marketing Specialist, Data Analytics is a key departmental resource that links marketing activities directly to real results. You will be able to bring a scientific and structured approach to a dynamic group of marketing experts. The role features a wide latitude of experiences, helping to analyze and optimize every aspect of the marketing engine. Responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to the hands-on execution of the following functions: reporting, data management, QA and testing, and other operations-related tasks.
This is a fast-paced analytical role requiring impeccable attention to detail, the ability to conceive and implement sophisticated workflows, expert Microsoft Excel skills, experience working with marketing technologies, and excellent communications skills.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in synthesizing actionable insights, then this is the job for you. Check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Produce and maintain reports, dashboards, and ad hoc metrics that support the daily functions of the marketing team
- Organize data from multiple sources into a cohesive, visual structure for regular performance reviews
- Work with marketing leadership to track key performance indicators, provide analyses of results, and make and clearly effectively articulate recommendations on potential operational efficiencies
- Provide ongoing analyses of industry/customer segmentation, revenue attribution, strategic investments and ROI
- Establish and maintain ongoing issue detection and remediation projects to elevate data integrity over time
- Identify and work to resolve potential conflicts resulting from duplication, disparity, or misattributions of records
- Utilize data mining techniques to coalesce disparate datasets and simplify otherwise complex reporting processes
QA and testing
- Support the QA analysis of marketing projects by identifying data discrepancies and alerting campaign managers and system administrators of potential issues
- Provide analytical insights and help champion best practices in A/B and multivariate testing within marketing campaigns
- Maintain exceptional documentation surrounding reporting processes, data management, and testing results
- Develop and maintain historical archives of depreciated reporting processes and results
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training assets for operational processes
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Marketing, data analytics or Operations (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in data sciences, marketing, or business (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Experience with database management tasks: list manipulation, quality assurance, and data hygiene
- Highly proficient with Microsoft products: Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess an eager interest to learn and adapt to new technologies, processes, and workflows
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems, even with missing or incomplete data
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet multiple concurrent deadline
- Detail-oriented with a strong analytical mind
- Thrives in an open, collaborative environment and prioritizes company culture and teamwork
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with marketing automation systems (Marketo preferred)
- Experience with website analytics (Google Analytics preferred)
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Knowledge of data mining techniques using SQL
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)