Marketing Specialist at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to support the marketing team with events, web content, social media, and campaigns. You will have a key role helping plan and execute a variety of marketing projects and will have the ability to work across multiple departments. This is a great opportunity to learn and build a career in marketing at a growing company.
Day in the Life:
- Help develop and publish relevant, high-quality content, including written, images, videos
- Work with marketing team and other departments to create and maintain the social media calendar
- Write and schedule social media posts to promote content, events, and company culture
- Monitor and track engagement on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Assist in event planning and logistics for tradeshows including sales preparation, vendor management, and metric reporting
- Work with digital team to promote events and product marketing team to develop key messaging
- Develop and maintain a schedule of dates for key event deliverables
- Maintain events page on our website with updated event information
- Work with vendors on necessary promotional items and handouts
- Help create reports to measure and analyze success of content, events, and social media
- Monitor industry and marketing trends
- Work with designer to create graphics for events, content, and social media
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete our onboarding process.
- Meet with the marketing team and other key stakeholders to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, and marketing's role.
- Meet with the marketing team to begin learning the ins and outs of current and ongoing projects.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the tools and platforms used by the team.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Own our live-streaming, video content channel and work with digital team to promote upcoming and past episodes to targeted audiences.
- Independently plan work to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Assist in developing and publishing content.
- Meet regularly with other team members and departments on priority projects.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Help establish a social media plan using metrics and industry trends that will grow brand awareness and drive engagement.
- Support events program by helping with key deliverables and promotion plan while communicating with stakeholders.
- Take more ownership of projects and be proactive in setting deadlines, anticipating what is needed, and producing the final product.
- Show strong knowledge of marketing strategy and the value it brings to the business.
- 2+ years working experience in a marketing role
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient at juggling multiple tasks
- Desire to keep learning new things
- Self-motivated and can thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Technical skills (helpful, but not required):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Hubspot and Adobe Creative Suite