About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a super star Marketing Specialist. You’re a multi-tasking, ten-track-mind with a built-in motor – you’re able to change tracks midstream and your engine is always running because we don’t stop moving around here.
There’s always lots to do and you love getting the job done right – the bar is set high and you like it that way. You thrive in a team-based environment and you’re comfortable towing the line to make all things right with the bigger picture. You’re also a rock star communicator with unparalleled attention to detail and an outgoing personality. If this describes you then come bust down our doors and show us what you’ve got!
You’ll be a member of the Marketing department, which functions as an internal agency – including copywriters, designers, video producers, event specialists, social media experts and so much more. Your team consists of other Marketing Specialists and several Marketing Account Managers.
We’re just gonna give it to you straight – you’ll be:
- Supporting Marketing Account Managers to fulfill marketing material requests such as: business cards, postcards, flyers, print/online ads, listing sheets, and other marketing materials as needed – don’t worry we have tons of templates.
- Assisting with the development of custom marketing materials, while staying on brand and in compliance.
- Helping monitor the progress of projects and tasks between Marketing Account Managers and other marketing and compliance staff – until the job is complete.
- Maintaining daily communication with Marketing Account Managers to catch-up on marketing needs, expectations and project status.
- Inputting, organizing and modifying data in marketing platforms, administrative systems and spreadsheets – Excel is your friend.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring to the table:
- A bachelor’s degree with 2 year’s applicable experience.
- Extraordinary communication skills – both written and spoken – with unsurpassed listening skills to boot.
- Strong project management and organizational skills are a must.
- It’s the 21st Century, you should know the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus.
- You’re positive and love spreading good vibes.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.