Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
We are looking for a marketing technologist that will work between both marketing & development teams to ensure our website is in excellent health. You will ensure vendors, contractors, and internal teams are focused on activities using the latest techniques to drive organic growth. You'll work directly with SEO, content teams and outreach experts to uncover and remove technical roadblocks.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders including Tech, content, and compliance teams to ensure that all sites are built/optimized utilizing most current technical SEO best practices.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with other team members to ensure that technical SEO practices align with and inform practices for website as a whole.
- Accountable for leading/conducting technical Website audits, information architecture optimization, and crawl analysis as they relate to SEO.
- Identify technical gaps and opportunities making recommendations and tracking improvements to organic rankings and traffic on all web properties.
- Create reports and present findings to business stakeholders.
- Support processes to educate web developers and other business stakeholders on technical SEO best practices and content optimization.
- Stay current with industry developments and participate in the technical SEO online community.
- Monitor technical health of multiple websites through tools and data from Google Search Console, web access logs, Deepcrawl/Oncrawl, and Lighthouse.
- Write and prioritize detailed bugs, stories and tasks with supporting documentation which can then be communicated to other teams.
- Provide quality assurance sign-off with development sprints as needed and document ongoing site changes that may impact organic search traffic to ensure adherence to page-level, site-wide and strategic SEO best practices.
- 5+ years of relevant experience out of which a minimum of 3 years of experience in Technical SEO (Canonicalization, Sitemaps, Crawlability, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of SEO best practices and Google quality guidelines.
- Experience with crawling tools (Botify, OnCrawl, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Experience conducting technical SEO audits for enterprise-level organizations.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization with the ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to identify and troubleshoot onsite issues impacting site performance.
- Understanding of technical SEO with the ability to communicate with onsite developers and technical infrastructure engineers.
- Knowledge of search engine criteria/algorithms, best practices, trends and industry developments.
- Experience analyzing server logs.
- Experience with or basic-proficiency with SQL
- Experience with JIRA
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.