Driven by our mission to make it easier to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare, Collective Health is evolving the way health benefits work.
Do you love to create stellar online experiences that engage and inform? Are you passionate about how design and development work together? Do you thrive in an environment of smart, motivated professionals working on one of America’s most pressing challenges? We’re looking for you!
As a well-rounded marketing web developer, you will create, evolve, and maintain web properties and experiences that help buyers, partners, press, influencers, and recruits engage with the future of healthcare. Your work will help companies discover the impact that Collective Health can have on their employees’ health. You will be part of a team that prioritizes and values collaboration, personal development, testing and experimentation, and getting things done.
You will lead development on projects, working with brand designers and marketers, that create high visibility and measurable impact–from corporate websites and microsites to email templates and interactive case studies and infographics. Because of the wide variety of marketing programs that we do, you can expect to have your hands in many areas to drive progress, enhance your skills, and guide scaling and growth in a meaningful way.
The marketing web developer will be a key member of the Growth team within Marketing and will report to the Director, Brand and Growth Marketing.What you'll do:
- Own web development for Wordpress, Hubspot, and all marketing technology needs
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Translate beautiful designs (Sketch, PSDs) into smooth & reliable responsive web experiences that are SEO friendly
- Collaborate with marketers and designers to build new experiences for collectivehealth.com
- Enable marketing team programs across microsites, landing pages, emails, blog/CMS customizations, and marketing automation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our web properties
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS/SCSS practices
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Have a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Provide a technical and engineering perspective on user flow, architecture, and implementation, to help scope projects and identify smart ways to meet goals
- QA all web properties across multiple browsers and screen sizes
- Coordinate and prioritize time between new projects, general website maintenance tasks, and technical debt
- Create and maintain documentation for software, workflows, and processes
- Computer Science degree or equivalent training/education
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with Git/GitHub for version control
- Experience with PHP
- Experience writing AJAX handlers and other simple web services
- Experience with Webpack
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Good understanding of UX/UI best practices for marketing websites and eagerness to stay abreast of the latest trends
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Communication and collaboration skills that allow you to successfully partner with other teams (technical and non-technical)
- High degree of independent judgment with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Can-do attitude and dedicated team player
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design programs
- Experience in Enterprise B2B marketing including working with marketing automation platforms (Hubspot, Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, etc).
- Experience with optimizing pages for conversion and demand generation
- Prior experience with maintaining and optimizing digital properties for SEO
- Prior experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager)
- Prior experience with instrumenting A/B tests and content targeting/personalization (using Optimizely or similar)
- Prior experience with coding email templates
- We are a team that values diversity & inclusion -- we encourage under-represented-in-tech professionals to apply
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.