Media Buyer at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The Media Buyer supports all media buying and planning efforts for automotive clients nationwide. Plans, negotiates, and purchases advertising time on radio, television cable and OTT/CTV.
- Works cooperatively with Account Services to plan media mix for all clients.
- Develops media objectives and strategies to meet client needs.
- Has fiscal responsibility of staying within the client’s budget.
- Performs research using a wide range of specialist media resources.
- Basic understanding of all digital OTT providers.
- Basic understanding of OTT reporting.
- Analyzes effectiveness of campaigns and uses data for future campaigns.
- Estimates ratings and negotiates all avails against given cost parameters, client guidelines and strategies.
- Negotiates on aggressive CPPs (cost per point) by day part.
- Buy is executed according to designated plan, purchasing authorized day parts as efficiently as possible.
- Buyer holds stations accountable for agreed ratings and rotations.
- Works with billers to resolve discrepancies and often is responsible for handling billing for key accounts.
- Checks invoices for accuracy.
- Troubleshoots and reconciles media billing discrepancies.
- Meets strict and tight deadlines.
- Carefully analyze media schedules to determine poor rotations, missed spots, and etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure with extreme accuracy in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle last minute changes while multi-tasking and still meet all deadlines is key.
- Provide yearly synopsis of negotiated bonus weight and added value.
*This list of essential functions and job duties is not intended to be all inclusive and you may be expected to perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
- 5+ years’ experience in media buying
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of buying programs such as Smart Plus, Strata and Donovan
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Work successfully with teams
- Work under pressure
- Solid relationships with vendors
- Demonstrate solid technical and negotiating skills
- Position requires knowledge of Nielsen and Arbitron ratings data for local TV/radio/Cable.
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.