About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing and Digital function will lead a program to establish the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative, insight-led programs such as a new mobile first consumer experience, exciting games, social media and original advertising campaigns.
The role of the Paid Media Manager is to effectively manage both traditional and digital media planning, campaign set-up, budget recommendations and management, campaign monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting on key performance goals. This individual will manage the media agency relationship and resources in concert with the Director of Consumer Marketing, who they report to, ensuring seamless execution across all marketing channels. The role also collaboratively manages a shared resource; this individual will work across both creative and media agencies, ensuring synergy and continuity across all campaigns.
Additionally, this role will help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand as a champion of the people of Illinois by communicating our brand message in the right place and at the right time with our consumers. Media planning excellence is key to powering possibilities for the people of Illinois.
- Develop strategic media plans to support and deliver against Illinois Lottery’s business objectives while also establishing clear objectives and KPIs
- Manage a $25M+ budget across more than 10 campaigns
- Develop complex, multi-channel marketing plans that effectively communicate with our consumers at the right point and time on their path to purchase
- Provide critical strategic inputs to campaign briefs to reflect desired objectives of media plan and ensure media agency deliverables meet expectations
- Manage top tier media agency to deliver integrated media plans designed to break-through the clutter and reach players where they are consuming media
- Work closely with Insights and Brand team to gain a deep understanding of target audiences and how best to reach them in order to optimize investment return
- Ensure campaigns are trafficked, scheduled, creative is approved, tracking is in place, and implementation is seamless leading up to go-live date
- Manage key stakeholders to develop media test plans that will achieve business objectives and ensure campaigns remain innovative, relevant and effective
- Facilitate, monitor and optimize media placements through the use of attribution, segmentation (both digital and A&U), and internal marketing mix models
- Drive the development of in-depth analysis and reporting on both traditional and digital media
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the business to define the longer-term strategy for creative delivery and media/communications planning
- Collaborate with creative agency counterparts to ensure all assets are trafficked and optimized
- Remain updated on latest media trend, identify opportunities and interpret new technologies through continued learning and development
- 5+ years managing paid media campaigns with large budgets ($1M +)
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Client-side experience (agency experience a plus)
- Experience with optimization of paid media campaigns to hit CPA, ROAS and engagement goals
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to think creatively with attention to detail when up against deadlines
- Flexible and collaborative team player
- Comfort managing change and multiple projects at one time
- Ability to build and foster positive relationships
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an environment with competing priorities and meet, if not exceed, tight deadlines
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.