Offline Marketing Manager at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:43 a.m. (CST) on Monday, February 22, 2021
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. Today, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida and has recently expanded to California.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for an experienced marketing professional to own several of Kin’s marketing channels including direct mail, television, and radio. This person will work side by side with our sales, design, and product teams to help generate strong customer leads. We want to hire someone who enjoys digging into data, which they will use to open new opportunities and channels, as well as optimize campaign results.
A day in the life could include:
- Researching and recommending new campaigns and tests
- Working with our business intelligence team to create new customer segmentations
- Researching and negotiating with vendors to streamline our process and improve ROI
- Working with our design and front end engineering team to create new campaign landing experiences
- Coordinating with our sales managers to create sales team training around upcoming campaigns and their offers
- Building and executing a plan for additional state and product roll outs
- Optimizing budget and acquisition costs
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years experience with direct channel management, including direct mail
- Experience in a startup environment or fast growing company
- Analytical - you can put together reports and make recommendations based on findings
- Collaborative - you are comfortable working with people from across all departments to drive great user experiences and conversion
- Comfortable with tools such as Looker, Excel, and SQL
- Experience with business to consumer marketing
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description